• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey to Reveal His Identity!

185 posts in this topic

yeahok.gif OK, so then he'll continue to wear the mask just to keep his head warm?

Or someone will impersonate him!

You mean like having Pater Parker, and say I don't know Ben Reilly in the Spider-Man costume appear together?

Bendis/Maleev started with #26. The arc is called "Underboss" It's in trade.

By the way, I went ahead and started reading upon recommendation at # 26 and read very quickly up to the Mack first issue and that derailed my reading the series (again). I think I'm going to skip those 4 issues and resume. There's something about those Mack issues that doesn't agree with me at all!

I've found the series to be an easy and interesting read, even though after a while we get back to the initial status quo but it's kinda expected in Marvel SH stories.

yeahok.gif OK, so then he'll continue to wear the mask just to keep his head warm?

Or someone will impersonate him!

You mean like having Pater Parker, and say I don't know Ben Reilly in the Spider-Man costume appear together?

Could just get Robbie to do it again...

prowler.gif

Bendis/Maleev started with #26. The arc is called "Underboss" It's in trade.

By the way, I went ahead and started reading upon recommendation at # 26 and read very quickly up to the Mack first issue and that derailed my reading the series (again). I think I'm going to skip those 4 issues and resume. There's something about those Mack issues that doesn't agree with me at all!

I've found the series to be an easy and interesting read, even though after a while we get back to the initial status quo but it's kinda expected in Marvel SH stories.

Mack is an aquired taste and he certainly isn't for everyone. I don't much care for him, and that storyline certainly didn't fit in for me. Guess Bendis and Maleev just needed a bit of a break.

The arc isn't necessary as it really isn't a part of the greater storyline.

Spider-Man unmasks before all in the Modern Civil War story line...

I wonder what is point after this?...

tongue.gif

Okay, after thinking about this news for a few minutes, I offer the following thoughts....

1st PP is the Moral Conscience of the Marvel Universe...he'll always think about the other guy before he thinks about himself. BUT...that is thrown out the window when it comes to his immediate family. In other words, Family First...then everybody else in the universe(including villains)...and then finally Spidey.

Therefore, PP in my rationale would only unmask if Aunt May told him to do it. Not MJ, Not Cap, and Not Tony, just Aunt May. It seems to me that any other reason would be way out of character(yeah, that hasn't stopped Marvel since JoeyQ came on-board).

So, putting the above reasoning aside and just jumping deep into the doo.....what would the Spidey stories be like unmasked?

An interesting thought is...what if PP unmasks and then sides with the "don't reveal" crowd? This fits into his persona as someone who would "take one" for the team. Something BAD is gonna happen to one or more of Spidey's supporting characters. Dead, finito, kaput(I agree that MJ is the leading candidate, with Aunt May not too far back) ....and this could be the deciding factor that ends the Civil War.

It would bring the pathos back to Spidey, big time, and alienate Spidey from a large section of the Marvel Universe....those on the other side. With the eventual affect being...Spidey is returned to his loner, outcast days of yore...and probably still willing to take it on the chin for those who'll still hate him.

Of course this still wouldn't explain how to put the genie back in the bottle concerning his identity once Civil War is over.

I thought Spidey was going in there to tell Tony to take a flying lep. Thats why he wasnt wearing Starks new costume at the press conference.

but if the media says he unmasks, well. better bring on Wanda to fix it next fall!

Spider-Man unmasks before all in the Modern Civil War story line...

I wonder what is point after this?...

Another line crossed in modern ASM marvels...

UGH!

tongue.gif

ladies and gents, a new comic book era has been born: the suckness age!

fasten your seat belts, it's going to be (an even more) bumpy ride!!!

stupid stuff just for the pure controversy/publicity...what a mess, what a big 893censored-thumb.gifing mess marvel is!!!

893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

regards

Well, Spidey probably WAS wearing his new costume at the press conference. One of its features is that it can appear as the old suit.

With Aunt May and Mary Jane living under the guard of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Tonk Stark's brand new Avengers skyscraper, I could see Peter feeling it was a good time to unmask. To not do it would be to put MJ and Aunt May in jeapordy with the law once the Super Hero Registration Act went through. What if both of them were carted off to "42" if Spidey said no and joined the resistance? He would be forced to go public to save their skins. The New Avengers already know who he is. Anyone reading the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man knew this was gonna happen.

Still, folks are probably right. A death like MJ would turn the tide of the War... at least have Spidey switching sides. Wonder what will happen when the Hulk gets back from space or when Thor is ressurrected.

Loved when Peter says "My name is Peter Parker and I've been Spider-Man since I was 15 years old" and seeing poor Jameson fall off his office chair. Couldn't have happened better in a What If?!

Civil War #1 was better than I thought and #2 was pretty great as well. If Scarlet Witch mindwipes everyone at the end it will be a letdown. These limited series tend to be fairly limited within their respected continuities outside of the 616, but it gives the current writers a lot of places to play. Here's hoping things don't get completely predictable.

I thought Spidey was going in there to tell Tony to take a flying lep. Thats why he wasnt wearing Starks new costume at the press conference.

but if the media says he unmasks, well. better bring on Wanda to fix it next fall!

It was said in the newest ASM that Pete was going to wear his old costume at the press conference just cause more people would know who he is right away.

Just a quick question for clarification: this thread is basically spoiling a huge "shocking" revelation in the second issue of Marvel Civil War? The same shocking revelation that all the big comic sites are being very careful about not revealing?

I have not read Civil War #2 yet, so I am just curious, you know?

Just a quick question for clarification: this thread is basically spoiling a huge "shocking" revelation in the second issue of Marvel Civil War? The same shocking revelation that all the big comic sites are being very careful about not revealing?

The New York Post spoiled it first. 893whatthe.gif

I was enjoying the build up and the first issue of civil war, but this really annoys me. Spider-man should have been on the other side wanting to hide his ID like he has had to do all these years, frown.gif does it not matter now that all his enemies know? Stupid.

It's not like Aunt May and MJ haven't been put at risk countless times before... even when they *didn't* know that Pete was Spidey. So how will this really change anything?

The New York Post spoiled it first. 893whatthe.gif

Not to me. I did a rather good job of remaining spoiler free until this thread.