• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Both are Church copies? :o(worship)

The #2 is a Church copy. Is the #1 a Church copy as well?

Both are Church copies? :o(worship)

I wish! The #1 is a non-pedigree, although it does have white pages.

It looks nice enough as it is! :cloud9:

Congratulations on a tuff little bugger! :applause:

Does anyone know more about Victor Fox's dealings in Chicago? There seems to be several ties between Fox and the midwest city:

1) The 1944 nn issue of Rocket Kelly is published by "Larkin, Roosevelt & Larkin" of Chicago.

2) The 1944 issues of The Bouncer (no #), All Good Comics, and All Your Comics, are published by "R. W. Voigt" of Chicago.

3) The 1945 nn issue of Ribtickler is published by "Chicago Nite Life News, Inc."

4) The two 1947 issues of All Great Comics are published by "Fox Feature Syndicate, Inc." but the cover to #14 states "Copyright, 1947, The Chicago Tribune" and the cover to #13 states "Famous Chicago Tribune Comics"

As some of you already know, I've been trying to collect the whole Weird Comics run for a couple of years now...a surprisingly tough task. It's a great early Fox title, with lots of fun and truly bizarre stories, and covers that transitioned from sci-fi/pulp adventure to oddball superhero to WWII themes (in less than two years!).

With thanks to Harley Yee, it's my great pleasure to add these two Weirds to the stack. Love the colors on these.

65206.jpg.1847c3b6510e2575e2af6022da946af9.jpg

65207.jpg.43996a7c558f4948ba902784ed76756f.jpg

Thank you, gents! (thumbs u

You don't see those too often.

Man, you aren't kidding. This is the only copy of #11 I've ever seen for sale, and I've been actively looking for the title for more than two years.

Thank you, gents! (thumbs u

You don't see those too often.

Man, you aren't kidding. This is the only copy of #11 I've ever seen for sale, and I've been actively looking for the title for more than two years.

:applause:

As some of you already know, I've been trying to collect the whole Weird Comics run for a couple of years now...a surprisingly tough task. It's a great early Fox title, with lots of fun and truly bizarre stories, and covers that transitioned from sci-fi/pulp adventure to oddball superhero to WWII themes (in less than two years!).

With thanks to Harley Yee, it's my great pleasure to add these two Weirds to the stack. Love the colors on these.

Very nice!

The Dart reminds me a lot of the generic superhero in Chris Ware's Jimmy Corrigan stories. I wonder if he was a direct inspiration.

Jack

65206.jpg