• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

"There once was a girl from Nantucket

Who crossed the sea in a bucket,

And when she got there

They asked for a fare

So she pulled up her dress and said .... " end of transmission

lol

Here's a fun Fox book I just picked up. These issues from late '41>early '42 are pretty tough. I've always been a fan of the early Foxes, but I think seeing Jon Berk's scans of his great books over the course of this thread has made me give the later ones a second look.

What's not to like? Superhero vs. monsters, a lovely lady in bondage suspended over flames, and you gotta love the happy drooling gunman in the lower left.... lol

61180-mm29sm.jpg.794bb364af888da3a4a65b935747be0b.jpg

Here's a fun Fox book I just picked up. These issues from late '41>early '42 are pretty tough. I've always been a fan of the early Foxes, but I think seeing Jon Berk's scans of his great books over the course of this thread has made me give the later ones a second look.

What's not to like? Superhero vs. monsters, a lovely lady in bondage suspended over flames, and you gotta love the happy drooling gunman in the lower left.... lol

you are correct...the pre summer 40 fox's are great (the fine era), but, they are generally available...try finding some of the later ones, and well, you hit a challenge...well done

ww4.jpg

Great book Billy!! I have always loved that cover.

Hey, I notice that Amazing Man made it to your list (and obviously you have been picking away at them already)!! What prompted the move to Centaurs? And may I say that this proves your taste in comics is getting more refined every day!! :golfclap:

Those early Everett Aman's are just fantastic.

Congrats! :applause:

I don't remember Mortimer ("Young America's Newest Favorite").

Is he an Archie type character?

He couldn't be much Archier! He's a teenage boy who has a goofy male sidekick, drives a jalopy and gets into trouble with adults.

"Archie prototype"? hm(shrug)