• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Here ya go:

zoots_zpsa9fcb2b4.jpg

You know, D,

1. based on what you've posted in this thread, and

2. remembering a few weeks back at 143ksk's place how you seemed perfectly content lingering over a very modest copy of Weird Comics #3 while the rest of us passed around MLJ's, EC's, Timely's, etc...

...well I'm starting to think you're kind of a Fox Comics fan. hm

Congrats on those high grade Zoots. Beautiful collection.

These are probably more in line with other Fox collections.

WeirdComics1926x1280_zps61dad053.jpg

What's the story on these Cheetah, are they pedigrees? They look exceptionally nice.

I was told the #1 is the Larson copy but I'm not an expert on Larsons unless they say 'Larson' so I was going to send it to Matt Nelson. It has some glue holding down a flap on the bottom part of the spine.

The #3 was still in its Metro mylar and wasn't designated as a pedigree.

The deep rich colors are among the best I've seen for those two books.

Just got word back from Matt Nelson. The Weird 1 not only has glue on the spine and amateur color touch, it also has had the top edge trimmed. Definite bummer. Gorgeous book but the market value just plummeted to well below what I paid. Time to go back to the dealer. :sorry:

Just got word back from Matt Nelson. The Weird 1 not only has glue on the spine and amateur color touch, it also has had the top edge trimmed. Definite bummer. Gorgeous book but the market value just plummeted to well below what I paid. Time to go back to the dealer. :sorry:

:( Sorry to hear it.

These are probably more in line with other Fox collections.

WeirdComics1926x1280_zps61dad053.jpg

What's the story on these Cheetah, are they pedigrees? They look exceptionally nice.

I was told the #1 is the Larson copy but I'm not an expert on Larsons unless they say 'Larson' so I was going to send it to Matt Nelson. It has some glue holding down a flap on the bottom part of the spine.

The #3 was still in its Metro mylar and wasn't designated as a pedigree.

The deep rich colors are among the best I've seen for those two books.

Sorry to hear that, how disappointing.