• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

It may be a lower/mid grade copy, but I'm very happy to have this one in the vault :cloud9:

sci1.61a.jpg

Very nice presenting copy. (thumbs u

+1, congrats. Love this cover! :applause:

Thanks! I was very happy to come across this copy. It seems like presentable early Fox issues with Joe Simon or Lou Fine covers are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

Here is Larson copy......Foxing and some "mouse nibbles" jb

147615.jpg.7f4bef76a1995771b91169cf661a9046.jpg

It may be a lower/mid grade copy, but I'm very happy to have this one in the vault :cloud9:

sci1.61a.jpg

Thanks! I was very happy to come across this copy. It seems like presentable early Fox issues with Joe Simon or Lou Fine covers are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

:pullhair:

I'm shocked at how Fox Comics in general seem to have gotten more difficult to find. Compared to 5-10 years ago, I see far fewer Weird Comics, Wonderworlds, Science Comics, Fantastic Comics or Mystery Men on ebay or dealer sites.

I can understand the classic covers getting snapped up and staying in permanent collections, but even run-of-the-mill issues seem to be much tougher today. Wonder why that is?

I'm shocked at how Fox Comics in general seem to have gotten more difficult to find. Compared to 5-10 years ago, I see far fewer Weird Comics, Wonderworlds, Science Comics, Fantastic Comics or Mystery Men on ebay or dealer sites.

I can understand the classic covers getting snapped up and staying in permanent collections, but even run-of-the-mill issues seem to be much tougher today. Wonder why that is?

All locked up in your collection..... :baiting:

All locked up in your collection..... :baiting:

You mean the run-of-the-mill ones? :taptaptap:

hm

Eh, hard to argue. lol

"Toughest are the ones you can't find............"

I am fortunate to put together the pre-war Fox books. Consistent nice covers on most of the books, especially the late numbers by Patenude

147636.jpg.3316cfd6aa3fdab38d1018b6bc54809b.jpg

147637.jpg.dbc8fc318f96dd9659f991d8e7b01589.jpg

147638.jpg.7ec4c21f506e7c06f962fb92fc1d0d35.jpg

147639.jpg.ee8ba68de71d07d69928336d0b442fde.jpg

147640.jpg.c4164baa29a26b3e14c2b97e8afb43db.jpg

14107679638_c5ca5ba865_b.jpg

There is something about early Fox comics that makes them seem rare and unusual.

I have a few which are tucked away with my Chesler comics. They just disappear into collections.

Edited by BB-Gun

I am fortunate to put together the pre-war Fox books. Consistent nice covers on most of the books, especially the late numbers by Patenude

Freakin' AWESOME!! :o

Freakin' AWESOME!! :o

+1 Patenude's art and the glossy vibrant colors of those Church copies make for a potent combo! :cloud9:

Killer Mystery Men, Jon B. :applause:

Well, can't argue with that... but I actually do mean that "most" Fox books appear to be somewhat tougher than they were 5-10 years ago. For instance, I used to sell off random cheap issues of Wonderworld in the teens and twenties, as there always seemed to be auctions running for a handful of raw lower grade copies any given week on ebay, and they seemed in plentiful supply. I rather wish I'd held onto a few more, as when I run the same search today, there's very few similar copies available at all, and few have sold in the last month or two.