• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Just got word back from Matt Nelson. The Weird 1 not only has glue on the spine and amateur color touch, it also has had the top edge trimmed. Definite bummer. Gorgeous book but the market value just plummeted to well below what I paid. Time to go back to the dealer. :sorry:

:( Sorry to hear it.

Likewise, hate to hear that Jeff.

Did Matt make comment on whether it was the Larson or not (just curious, I've never encountered a trimmed Larson but plenty of them have glue)?

Thanks guys!

Congratulations. That's a tough run to complete. I'm sure you'll be able to find the #1; it's easier to find than many of the other issues in the run that you already have.

Oh man, don't I know it. I started this back in 2006 or so, and there's a few Weirds in the #11-20 range I've still never seen for sale other than the specific copies I picked up.

I've seen #1s go by and just not found the right combo of condition & price, plus missed a few I might have otherwise taken just because of timing. But as I say, this is the year!

I've posted some of my issues piecemeal over the years, but once I finally complete the run I figure I'll dedicate a thread a la Miamiknight's with full scans of all the covers and some interiors... plus shout outs to some kind boardies. (thumbs u

Thanks guys!

Congratulations. That's a tough run to complete. I'm sure you'll be able to find the #1; it's easier to find than many of the other issues in the run that you already have.

Oh man, don't I know it. I started this back in 2006 or so, and there's a few Weirds in the #11-20 range I've still never seen for sale other than the specific copies I picked up.

I've seen #1s go by and just not found the right combo of condition & price, plus missed a few I might have otherwise taken just because of timing. But as I say, this is the year!

I've posted some of my issues piecemeal over the years, but once I finally complete the run I figure I'll dedicate a thread a la Miamiknight's with full scans of all the covers and some interiors... plus shout outs to some kind boardies. (thumbs u

:headbang: Thats the ticket - & thx for the group shot Jon

way to trot out the fox books! [see what i did there?]

I wanted to know what does the Fox book say?