• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Aw, sorry you didn't win it. Yep, #6 is a toughie, though even so I wouldn't have guessed it would go that high.

I would need a #2 and #7 (and an #8, but I can live without one) to complete the Science run. I can't count how many #2s I passed on over the years, and quite a few #7s as well. Now I pretty rarely see either one for sale.

Back from getting reholdered. This was some OCD prep for an eventual group shot -- the old labels don't look as nice to me mixed with the new labels.

ww04front_zpsijayzejd.jpg

Awesome can't wait I like your style!!! Great book!!

Back from getting reholdered. This was some OCD prep for an eventual group shot -- the old labels don't look as nice to me mixed with the new labels.

ww04front_zpsijayzejd.jpg

That's an amazing Fine cover! (worship)

Thanks guys, now I just need to find someone willing to let me overpay for a nice WW7 :grin:

Couple of Church copies. The cover recreation is Murphy Anderson who did a "fantastic" job on this "weird" book.....which is one of the best Wonderworlds to display a bunch of mysterymen.....

how about ghoul drool?.....No body does it better that Fine..........

155267.jpg.cd163fb60f1dd2941f63d74693cbf5cd.jpg

155268.jpg.7f359b0c4240f6f1a10675c008d8a1d7.jpg

155269.jpg.c118c0f0dd4294e1b6ee84675ebaf61f.jpg

As a casual Fox watcher (i only have about 5 -so far), i'm always impressed by the collector enthusiasm for 'Weird Comics #20'. HA has a 2.0 with brittle pages in their current sunday auction(with white tape on the spine!!!) and it's already at 420(and it's only Tuesday)! What 1k at the finish line?

I remember a copy on eBay slightly higher finishing around 3k last year if i'm correct. While maybe not the next 'Suspense 3' this book is certainly in a select group of 'sleepers'(select DeCarlo gga books, for example) that buck trends no matter what grade it's in.