• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

As a casual Fox watcher (i only have about 5 -so far), i'm always impressed by the collector enthusiasm for 'Weird Comics #20'. HA has a 2.0 with brittle pages in their current sunday auction(with white tape on the spine!!!) and it's already at 420(and it's only Tuesday)! What 1k at the finish line?

I remember a copy on eBay slightly higher finishing around 3k last year if i'm correct. While maybe not the next 'Suspense 3' this book is certainly in a select group of 'sleepers'(select DeCarlo gga books, for example) that buck trends no matter what grade it's in.

Im hoping the brittle pages will deter more bidders ;)

BTW somebody just picked up an awesome Green Mask #8 (hypo needle/bondage cover) over on the Bay...hopefully a boardie :wishluck:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161696088744?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

17065633784_f3ebd11649_b.jpgHappy to have a few Blue Beetle Fox issues in the box. They are more or less complete, I think.

Thanks to Sam who gave me the Blue Beetle 8 more or less. :banana:

Edited by BB-Gun

my criteria for fox books contemplate only the first 3 blue beetles. here they be.

very much like this first one, as it's RED, whereas the book is often seen orangey.

bluebeetle1.jpg

TRULY FANTASTIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

my criteria for fox books contemplate only the first 3 blue beetles. here they be.

very much like this first one, as it's RED, whereas the book is often seen orangey.

bluebeetle1.jpg

6019890314_cc67d1c5dc_b.jpg

I like Blue Beetle 1 because of the different artists that drew the strip. Each changed the costume and made it interesting.

I have a coverless copy of issue 3 and I think I am missing the best part of that issue, the cover. Later Holyoke copies with Quinlan art are especially well done and just as good as the Kamen stories at the end of the run.

2322276875_c3a1e2299e_z.jpg

Fantastic stuff Billy, BB, and JB!!!! All super cool (thumbs u That Simon recreation is phenomenal...love those early Blue Beetles, and that group photo is really neat...love those Mystery Mens issues especially the #27

Fantastic stuff Billy, BB, and JB!!!! All super cool (thumbs u That Simon recreation is phenomenal...love those early Blue Beetles, and that group photo is really neat...love those Mystery Mens issues especially the #27

+1 (thumbs u

That Quinlan Blue Beetle splash is insane. What issue is that from?

+1 (thumbs u

That Quinlan Blue Beetle splash is insane. What issue is that from?

That would be Blue Beetle 24.

3163690710_7949376093_o.jpg

Cover is attributed to Ray Willner but I could easily believe that Anderson or Quinlan did it.

Edited by BB-Gun

I wonder if the No More Foxing Around thread is a contributing factor hm

lol:eek:

Well, maybe it didn't help. But I'm guessing Weird #20 exploding in the last year or so was the real catalyst, putting the title on the radar of some 'new' collectors.

I'm still in shock though. Back when I was collecting these in earnest, it felt like I was the only one who cared about these books, especially the #6-20 part of the run. I ebayed off a few undercopies and they generally tanked.

Ironically, of the four Weirds Heritage just auctioned, #18 used to be the easiest to find. (In fairness, not sure that that's the case today.) #11, #17 and #20 were always the toughest of the tough in my book.

Well, maybe it didn't help. But I'm guessing Weird #20 exploding in the last year or so was the real catalyst, putting the title on the radar of some 'new' collectors.

I'm still in shock though. Back when I was collecting these in earnest, I felt like I was the only one who cared about these books, especially the #6-20 part of the run. I ebayed off a few undercopies and they generally tanked.

Ironically, of the four Weirds Heritage just auctioned, #18 used to be the easiest to find. (In fairness, not sure that that's the case today.) #11, #17 and #20 were always the toughest of the tough in my book.

I really dug that #17 as well and made a decent run at it but such is life...Heck if that #18 just set the bar at almost 1K a point your copy could hit the moon my friend!! (thumbs u

I am still stoked that I didn't walk away empty handed...I certainly overpaid for this copy but besides for the SUPER blunted corners and the Horrendous PQ the main cover art is still pretty appealing for this grade and I love the Red, White, & Blue stripes of the side of this issue...I also knew I wouldn't be making a run at the Signature Auctions #1 or #2 so here it is...my lone win...but a Fox nonetheless...I would say it fits into my collection quite nicely...

17800847395_607c5b10fb_b.jpg

I'm still in shock though. Back when I was collecting these in earnest, I felt like I was the only one who cared about these books, especially the #6-20 part of the run. I ebayed off a few undercopies and they generally tanked.

I really dug that #17 as well and made a decent run at it but such is life...Heck if that #18 just set the bar at almost 1K a point your copy could hit the moon my friend!! (thumbs u

I am still stoked that I didn't walk away empty handed...I certainly overpaid for this copy but besides for the SUPER blunted corners and the Horrendous PQ the main cover art is still pretty appealing for this grade and I love the Red, White, & Blue stripes of the side of this issue...I also knew I wouldn't be making a run at the Signature Series #1 or #2 so here it is...my lone win...but a Fox nonetheless...I would say it fits into my collection quite nicely...

17800847395_607c5b10fb_b.jpg

Congrats! :golfclap: That's a winner in ANY grade. Your'e gonna have a hard time picking a winner for your top 2015 snag buddy....