• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Group shot of later WonderWorlds.

IMG_01131_zps2hfc5zmx.jpg

Yes!!!!!! Thats awesome!! :applause::applause::applause::applause: Great stuff Russ ol' chap!!

Edited to add - I think you need you update your signature line want list :D

Edited by gino2paulus2

man, what would those bad boys do in an auction? stuff is HOT!

I am afraid to find out! It is unquestionably a sellers market for Fox books. Looking back at what I have paid for books when I started collecting Fox up to now where I am filling in the holes is quite shocking. I doubt I would even start now with prices where they are, it would be cheaper and far easier to put together some of the Timely runs than these.

I am afraid to find out! It is unquestionably a sellers market for Fox books. Looking back at what I have paid for books when I started collecting Fox up to now where I am filling in the holes is quite shocking. I doubt I would even start now with prices where they are, it would be cheaper and far easier to put together some of the Timely runs than these.

My feelings exactly. In retrospect, I was lucky to put together a nice base collection while prices were still reasonable. There's still a handful I would like, but with some of the recent results it feels like I'm out of the running before I even start.

My feelings exactly. In retrospect, I was lucky to put together a nice base collection while prices were still reasonable. There's still a handful I would like, but with some of the recent results it feels like I'm out of the running before I even start.

well, potential value notwithstanding, my complete canon thru 7/40 is staying put. I like that part of my collection second best to the timely runs, and I'd be so sad to part with them.

unless alot of dough was thrown at me.

incredible! You rarely see one in an auction , so to see all of these grouped together in one shot: priceless! :golfclap:

Yeah, great shot. However some boardies are saying it would actually be quite priceful :insane:

OK, here is the recently discussed book. Zero graded copies. I think it's lovely :cloud9:

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

I saw a copy about 20 years ago and have never seen one since. Question for you since it's raw, Does it have an ad for the US Jones Members Club inside? Being a guy that collects these as well as the comics themselves, I'd love to see it. It is one of the few comic book premiums I don't have. The kit is just about as rare maybe more so. Hakes Americana sold a complete one years ago and I know of a guy that has just the button who won't turn it loose. US Jones Rocks!

Thanks guys. Robot Man -- no club ad. There are a few in-story panels asking the reader to use their secret decoder, a Kooba ad in the centerfold, and some pretty cool house ads on the interior covers. Maybe a later Wonderworld has what you are looking for?

OK, here is the recently discussed book. Zero graded copies. I think it's lovely :cloud9:

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

Congrats! :golfclap: Glad it went to a dyed in the wool Fox man! Would like to see it graded and protected for the ages 2c (after you grant Robot Mans request of course) lol Edited by Sagii

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

That collection of books with the blue + on them sure had a lot of killer later Fox books. My Wonderworld 32 is from the same batch. Congrats on a very rare book! (worship)

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

I saw a copy about 20 years ago and have never seen one since. Question for you since it's raw, Does it have an ad for the US Jones Members Club inside? Being a guy that collects these as well as the comics themselves, I'd love to see it. It is one of the few comic book premiums I don't have. The kit is just about as rare maybe more so. Hakes Americana sold a complete one years ago and I know of a guy that has just the button who won't turn it loose. US Jones Rocks!

:gossip: Robot man your memory is failing you, I had already checked for you a month or two ago.

Looks great HR Costigan, presents very nicely in those pictures. Well done!