• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Awesome book Gino!

Yep... congrats. :headbang:

Among other things, I dig the zany color scheme on the Weird #18 cover. Never seen another quite like it.

Thanks brothers!! yeah the colors really make the cover pop. Just like the art very Weird for the time it's just, "right" for some odd reason

Awesome book Gino!

Yep... congrats. :headbang:

Among other things, I dig the zany color scheme on the Weird #18 cover. Never seen another quite like it.

Thanks brothers!! yeah the colors really make the cover pop. Just like the art very Weird for the time it's just, "right" for some odd reason

Spectacular book Gino! That Sorceress of Zoom alone is worth the price of admission.

An 8+ year quest came to an end this month when I was finally able to marry my Fantastic Comics #22 front cover with a coverless interior. Huge thanks to amigo Gino for tipping me off about the coverless copy! I definitely would have missed out on it if not for his thoughtfulness.

Without further adieu, here's a complete-as-it's-going-to-get copy of Fantastic Comics #22.

sma62b.jpg

Congrats! One of the toughest -- and strangest! -- of the Hitler covers.

Nice book! That's Hitler? Here I thought they'd put Crispin Glover on the cover.

A recent purchase at Wizard World Chicago. It's lower grade, with a married centerfold, but the cover has pretty good eye appeal. The space creature's got Samson's number!

fantastic4_300dpi_ht7_q8_zpsyqms89bn.jpg

That's a nice book :applause: I looked it over about an hour before the doors opened on Thursday but got a few other books from that particular dealer instead (thumbs u I knew it wouldn't last the whole show. Great pick-up :headbang:

A recent purchase at Wizard World Chicago. It's lower grade, with a married centerfold, but the cover has pretty good eye appeal. The space creature's got Samson's number!

Love it congrats, hugely underrated IMHO.

+1 very cool book!!! congrats!!

Love it congrats, hugely underrated IMHO.

and that issue has the giant robot story which is featured on the cover of Fantastic 3.

8566000511_95ac264722_b.jpg

Congrats! :applause: Check out the story inside with Samson. It's the story from Fantastic Comics # 3. "cover".

Congrats! :applause: Check out the story inside with Samson. It's the story from Fantastic Comics # 3. "cover".

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and for the "fantastic" insight about the giant robots of Fantastic #3 cover making their full appearance in Fantastic #4. Loving that splash page! I'll definitely be reading that story and the others of course. I'll try and post some choice pages from the book.

I picked up this little niblet instead :banana:

blue%20beetle%2034_zpsmbgiidud.jpg

:o(worship) wow man. just Wow!!

Thanks pal :) She's a beaut & I'm so happy to give her a home :)

Frisco: Looks like Wizard Chicago was good to the both of us! That niblet of yours is out of this world. I'd be so tempted to crack it open like it was 1944 and see the white pages and smell the fresh smell of whatever 1944 smelled like! BTW thanks for leaving the Fantastic #4 for me! (thumbs u

I picked up this little niblet instead :banana:

blue%20beetle%2034_zpsmbgiidud.jpg

:o(worship) wow man. just Wow!!

Thanks pal :) She's a beaut & I'm so happy to give her a home :)

Frisco: Looks like Wizard Chicago was good to the both of us! That niblet of yours is out of this world. I'd be so tempted to crack it open like it was 1944 and see the white pages and smell the fresh smell of whatever 1944 smelled like! BTW thanks for leaving the Fantastic #4 for me! (thumbs u

Thanks very much Z!!! Yes it WAS an awesome show!!! You are very welcome on leaving that behind, but understand, it's only because I got 3 very substantial books (for ME anyway) from that particular dealer & another smaller gem, that I left that baby behind. I'm THRILLED that a fellow boardie grabbed it, 'cause now I get to see it again :banana: That Blue Beetle is the only Fox book I got from WW, the other books will be posted in their appropriate threads when time allows. Not much in that room for good Fox books, but at least WE managed one each :headbang: