• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Well that All Top didn't quite come as advertised. Not quite the NM- I was hoping for.

3E2D9AC6-E016-479E-BDA6-0E1F67CED3C5_zpscy9g8ixq.jpg

:sick:

Absolutely ridiculous for that seller to ship out a book that looks like that with that grade. What do they think? That's someone paying $2,700 isn't going to notice that defect?

NM = Not MInt

Near mediocre?

haha!! Sorry to see this!! this is one of those circumstances where I always wonder why can't the the seller just be honest and say presents like a NM book when sitting in some Mylar but here are the flaws holding it down. This isn't like a small easily undetected defect all you have to I is pick up the book to see it.

edited to add - I already know the answer is rhetorical...money!! but as stated anyone spending this kind of money is more chances than not going to realize it's not NM as soon as they pick it up

Edited by gino2paulus2

NM = Not MInt

Near mediocre?

haha!! Sorry to see this!! this is one of those circumstances where I always wonder why can't the the seller just be honest and say presents like a NM book when sitting in some Mylar but here are the flaws holding it down. This isn't like a small easily undetected defect all you have to I is pick up the book to see it.

edited to add - I already know the answer is rhetorical...money!! but as stated anyone spending this kind of money is more chances than not going to realize it's not NM as soon as they pick it up

Yeah, always worth contemplating why an experienced dealer is selling four-figure books without having them graded.

NM = Not MInt

Near mediocre?

Yeah, always worth contemplating why an experienced dealer is selling four-figure books without having them graded.

We are working towards a mutually satisfactory resolution. Will keep you informed.

Thanks for the comments.

I will post my JoJo 25 pics in a little bit. That met my minimum threshold.

NM = Not MInt

Near mediocre?

+1 to Sqeggs and Gino

If I look at a seller's books and some are obviously over graded I walk away. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Here is the JoJo 25 I got, listed as VF. I think it is 7.0 to 7.5 (small chip bottom right), but I am still happy enough with it to keep it, even though I paid top of the mark on it. There has not been a higher one on GPA in 13 years and I have been wanting a nicer one. It has a 1/4" or so spine split on bottom- very minor- supple pages.

66B43D59-0FC5-4584-860C-191CD6EDCDCC_zpsqw7mmoqy.jpg

9FEEAFDE-3FBF-4354-9D45-10E53EB69FA4_zpscrh4k9mj.jpg

BF4815A4-8A24-4DE9-8604-BF6989F88F99_zpsqxxzzouq.jpg

AA280E0E-ADDB-4DAA-8433-081C2B5B131F_zps3dwxk2dm.jpg

4B5D1038-EB6F-4F25-9439-6AC37583FE9A_zpshoc3re5q.jpg

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

A beauty no matter the grade.

That is true. Sometimes when you spend 4 figures on these books you get caught up in the grade because you don't want to be under water in your investment, but this stuff is cool and there are probably less than a dozen better copies around, so not too shabby no matter what the slabbers say hm