• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i doubt '18 will be as fruitful, but i sure will be tryin'!

I got my fingers crossed for you pal!! Some of your books though man are just WOW!! I don’t think you could even upgrade them if you found a time machine to buy them straight off the stands they are so fresh!!! I still pinch and zoom every now and again to admire that Mystery Men #1 it’s pretty mind blowing when you really think about it that a comic book (paper, ink, and maybe a staple or two) from that long ago was kept that nice. I look at the pics from Mr Bedrocks thread for example with all the comics sitting around and all those conventions where stuff is like pinned on the walls others not bagged or boarded. I’m not saying it was or wasnt a better more purer time just that how it is neat that examples survived albeit rarely in high grade. I am a lower grade collector by choice but it doesn’t mean i am not SUPER geeked out by these gorgeous books heck I remember going to shops and hotel conference room conventions as early as the late 80s and buying silver age stuff as a youngster that wasn’t as nice as that book (I shouldn’t say I bought them my awesome folks did that for me). For many years this stuff just wasn’t, “collected” and handled the way it is now so to see a book that nice is just remarkable and flat out cool. Ok too much typing again gotta hit submit so i can go back to oogling over that sig line and get to bed ?

Here is a shot I wanted to take earlier but its been busy in the Sunburst House. I posted these individually but here is the group shot, so glad to complete this run before the end of the year, only 3 more Fox runs to go on my wish list, I think I will knock out at least one more of the big ones before the end of '18 and make further progress on the others as I go. Since Metro was and continues to be a big help I guess I made the cut this year.

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

11 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Here is a shot I wanted to take earlier but its been busy in the Sunburst House. I posted these individually but here is the group shot, so glad to complete this run before the end of the year, only 3 more Fox runs to go on my wish list, I think I will knock out at least one more of the big ones before the end of '18 and make further progress on the others as I go. Since Metro was and continues to be a big help I guess I made the cut this year.

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

VERY VERY VERY COOL!!!

This one is tied for 4th highest copy, with 2 at 6.0 and 1 at 5.5...it is amazing how few of these survived (both of these were from the "Evelyn collection" ...I bought her Mystery Men and Wonderworlds quite a while ago. 

I will never own any of the 9.0 types and I can only admire them...this is the best I can do;) but they are neat. 

5a45a05d8afd7_wonderworld29acgc001.thumb.jpg.176782fae8bc12d1eb5cf7799e5d8665.jpg

10 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i love ww 15; man, it's a tough one to find.  very nice, sha',  and hny to you! [to the rest of you, as well, but mainly to sha'].

((((billy)))) Happy New Year to you as well, and hugs to all.

(I'm allowed to send hugs and I don't have to worry about looking macho;)

On 12/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, lpsunburst said:

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

Great group shot! How's the wine btw?