• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C-Link's GA Auction

69 posts in this topic

1 maybe.

I'll decide when it's all up there. My aims are specific and I'm saving for San Diego (sudden urge to buy rare Centaurs). But there are a lot of great books for folks with $$$ to spare.

There are several interesting books in this offering. Not sure if I will try for anything or not yet as I am watching something in Hake's. The more interetsing books I think (JMHO) are:

Brenda Starr 14, classic bondage

National 16, too cool!

Spirit 22, meow!

Adventure 73, always loved that cover

All Winners 21, high grade of a tougher Timely

Jughead 1

Captain America 3

Detective 30

Detective 38 in 6.5

Human Torch 5 and 8

Mad 1 (easy to find 9.0+, tough for lower grade blush.gif) )

More Fun 69

USA 8

Hmmm... maybe I'll be going to SDCC broke 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There were many books in there on my want list including this beautiful Namora cover on Sub-Mariner 28...

SubMariner028.jpg

This is a killer looking book. Would consider chasing it but I have other books ahead of it that I want.

well let me tell ya what I like, other than the Mile High Action #48, I think that the Superman #4 in 5.5 looks great, already at $950,

Superman 7, 18, and 20 look real good, and the #23 is just incredible looking, and w/white pages, I'd love to have that puppy..

so is this the end of heritage (comics), then? Seems like CLink is doing very well, while Heritage comic offerings are shockingly poor...

only time well tell I suppose, but it does appear that C-links last few GA auctions have had some really nice material.

so is this the end of heritage (comics), then? Seems like CLink is doing very well, while Heritage comic offerings are shockingly poor...

The end of Heritage? I assume you are jesting so no answer is necessary.

However, I have always assumed that more competition will bring down the commission. I was actually surprised that Heritage recently bumped their fees. I can only assume that larger sellers must cut a better rate. Does one outlet receive better selling prices than the others? Time will tell. However, WE all must be careful about believing everything we see.

My observation of the last few auctions (Heritage, Comiclink, Hakes) led me to the conclusion that the final sales price is unaffected by the commison rate. Buyers simply factor in the premium in their decision making. From my perspective, I found the best value in last Heritage auction with the 19% vig included. Will I reach the same conclusions this time around?