• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C-Link's GA Auction

69 posts in this topic

so is this the end of heritage (comics), then? Seems like CLink is doing very well, while Heritage comic offerings are shockingly poor...

You might want to hold back on any thoughts of Heritage's early demise. There is going to be a major announcement soon.

Seems like CLink is doing very well

Very well: Here is one of their offerings---------- 8 days to go so bid it up.

http://www.comiclink.com/./auctions/item...0&id=643650

Reserve of $895 has already been met. Cr/ow pages.

Here was my E-Bay offering from last week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6636483199

Offered at $850 ---no bids. OW pages.

Maybe their picture was better than mine? Clearly the buyer recognized value. Oh well, at least I drew a $700 bid from a board member in an E-mail before the auction ended.

so is this the end of heritage (comics), then? Seems like CLink is doing very well, while Heritage comic offerings are shockingly poor...

You might want to hold back on any thoughts of Heritage's early demise. There is going to be a major announcement soon.

Yes, I've heard this too.

Okay, come on, spill the beans, what are they going to announce?

Big GA collection. Special auction, not part of the upcoming Signature. That's all I know. confused-smiley-013.gif

Big GA collection. Special auction, not part of the upcoming Signature. That's all I know. confused-smiley-013.gif

Special auction? After the current auction I hope? Looks like I not going to be buying anything in the next few weeks until this annoucement is made. popcorn.gif I hope its not a bunch of DC cr@p. poke2.gif

Special auction? After the current auction I hope? Looks like I not going to be buying anything in the next few weeks until this annoucement is made. popcorn.gif I hope its not a bunch of DC cr@p. poke2.gif

Adventure Comics #75,77,78 in CGC midgrade with exceptional page quality MIGHT be tolerated,however.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

The Heritage preview deserves it's own thread. What an awesome TEC run they're showing. All the books in lower & midgrade have excellent eye appeal.

I'm trying to save for WW Chicago, but it will be tough to resist bidding in this auction frustrated.gif

I actually have my eye on this:

http://comics.heritageauctions.com/commo...;hdnSearch=true

something charming about this being one of the first ones he bought, with that serial number handwritten in...

With all the examples to draw from,I'm betting someone cracks the code.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

hello all...

Curious as to the boards estimate on what the 'Tec 38 in CGC 6.5 might go for? I am in the process of putting together a Batman run for a customer of ours, and the search has "resparked" my interest in the early 'Tec issues (long since sold all of mine, but never to late to start again)...

any input is appreciated

Thanks,

rick

Curious as to the boards estimate on what the 'Tec 38 in CGC 6.5 might go for?

I would make a market of $15-20k. The factors throwing off my guess could be as follows:

1)Detective seems to be a hot title. CGC has only graded 5 unrestored copies with a higher grade. Therefore, two buyers can bid against each other and have a field day.

2)In any auction venue the lack of transparency is a problem. For instance, if I owned the tec 38 and owned the auction mechanism I would put a moderate reserve on the book and bid up the book to meet the reserve. All the viewers would see the aggresive bidding and now believe they know the reserve. I would continue to bid the book up to the "real price" I wish to sell it for. If no one bites the book will eventally find it's way back to the inventory listings.