• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C-Link's GA Auction

69 posts in this topic

so is this the end of heritage (comics), then? Seems like CLink is doing very well, while Heritage comic offerings are shockingly poor...

You might want to hold back on any thoughts of Heritage's early demise. There is going to be a major announcement soon.

Yes, I've heard this too.

Okay, come on, spill the beans, what are they going to announce?

Big GA collection. Special auction, not part of the upcoming Signature. That's all I know. confused-smiley-013.gif

Special auction? After the current auction I hope? Looks like I not going to be buying anything in the next few weeks until this annoucement is made. popcorn.gif I hope its not a bunch of DC cr@p. poke2.gif

Believe it or not, I wasn't even talking about the D collection! 893whatthe.gif

I think there's going to be another collection too, in a special auction. Ed Jaster had mentioned the special auction would also contain some D books, but of course when he told me that I just assumed they were from the existing known D book inventory.

These last few years have been a great time to be a GA collector.

Special auction? After the current auction I hope? Looks like I not going to be buying anything in the next few weeks until this annoucement is made. popcorn.gif I hope its not a bunch of DC cr@p. poke2.gif

Believe it or not, I wasn't even talking about the D collection! 893whatthe.gif

I think there's going to be another collection too, in a special auction. Ed Jaster had mentioned the special auction would also contain some D books, but of course when he told me that I just assumed they were from the existing known D book inventory.

These last few years have been a great time to be a GA collector.

This is so true. I just can't believe the books I have been able to acquire let alone find in the past 6 months, and more are coming online. The Sub-Mariner Comics #32 CGC 7.5 from the Crippen Collection, oh yes it will be mine. cloud9.gif

Looks like there are quite a few nice books out there that have still not hit their reserves or their current bids are below guide. So do you think that the recent Heritage announcement about the Crippen collection affected the bidding? Got to keep some bullets in the gun for all the books coming to market, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like there are quite a few nice books out there that have still not hit their reserves or their current bids are below guide. So do you think that the recent Heritage announcement about the Crippen collection affected the bidding? Got to keep some bullets in the gun for all the books coming to market, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well I have decided to not even bother with the CL auction as there are just too many nice books coming up in the Crippen auction that you just don't see very often. Should be a record setting year for GA purchases and selection.

It will be primarily GA books, I think. Could be DC and Timely, don't really know. Once he told me it was GA, but no Duck books (as usual), my interest dropped pretty fast.

Did you get them?

That TOC is probably the best pre-code werewolf cover!

Did you get them?

That TOC is probably the best pre-code werewolf cover!

I would like to have, but I'm trying not to spend much money collecting now. I thought they were both fairly cheap for Gaines copies with classic covers.

I was surprised how cheap the Gaines file copies went.

Do you think that's cheap? Thanks to the grade inflation of ECs because of the incredible quality and quantity of the Gaines copies, a 9.2 copy of an EC is like a 8.5 for a normal book.

crazy.gif

Do you think that's cheap? Thanks to the grade inflation of ECs because of the incredible quality and quantity of the Gaines copies, a 9.2 copy of an EC is like a 8.5 for a normal book.

crazy.gif

For many of the 50s books, it's more like the equivalent of a VF- or F/VF..

I had my eye on the 9.4 Mad #22 in this auction, but actually bought another 9.4 that was on another auction site (hakes) a few hours before this one ended. Kinda bummed I didn't skip hakes and get the one on comiclink since it had those nice white pages and a little less runout. Ah well smile.gif

So anyone here get anything off of this auction today?

crazy.gif

For many of the 50s books, it's more like the equivalent of a VF- or F/VF..

I agree.

crazy.gif

I typically avoid any high priced ECs because I have no idea of the supply.

crazy.gif

Experts on the Gaines copies can correct me, but weren`t there 15-20 copies of each issue? Based upon the grades that I`ve seen, the average grade appears to be 9.6.

crazy.gif

Experts on the Gaines copies can correct me, but weren`t there 15-20 copies of each issue? Based upon the grades that I`ve seen, the average grade appears to be 9.6.

Think it was 12 max. Some books have less. The Vault of Horror 12, I believe, has only one copy - CGC 9.2 poke2.gif

crazy.gif

Think it was 12 max. Some books have less. The Vault of Horror 12, I believe, has only one copy - CGC 9.2 poke2.gif

Any idea how many (non-Gaines) HG copies of ECs there are? Obviously we have the census but I'm sure many of these books are not slabbed. I have been offered several issues in HG from more than a few people.