• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first ever CGC submission...

46 posts in this topic

What books did you choose, why, and how did you do?? I used my 3 free submissions with my 1st CGC membership from several years back and subbed an X-Men #94 (came back 9.0), Batman #232 (9.2) and Batman #237 (9.4). Not bad for a complete rookie just learning the ropes smile.gif

xmen94.jpg

Amazing Spider-man 17 - CGC 9.2

Batman 155 - CGC 9.0

Fantastic Four 25 - CGC 9.2

Back in the fall of 2002 foreheadslap.gif

Iron Fist #14, 9.0

Iron Man #89 30¢ Variant that CGC mislabeled (didn't note the variant b/c they were just ignorant) -- argued with some pinhead there on the phone before I just got fed up and hung up.

Great first experience. yeahok.gif

Second round they sent me a cracked slab (not cracked due to shipping) and refused to replace it because, "that's impossible... QC would have caught it".

Great second experience. yeahok.gif

I used the free coupon for joining and submitted my Hulk #1 (came back 2.5), Mad #1 and Mad #2 (both came back 3.0). I was happy with the grades, but honestly felt the Hulk was the best of the 3.

Those are some tough books. How about some scans if available??

They're in my storage back in Missouri, but when I begin pulling everything out around August 1st or so, I'll get some scans going. Maybe I'll do a thread like some of the others are on here showing their stuff.

First CGC Submission:

Amazing Spider-man #58 VF/NM 9.0 Green River

Batman #174 VF+ 8.5 Green River

Strange Tales #138 VF/NM 9.0 Green River

Fantastic Four #45 VF+ 8.5 Green River

Avengers #22 VF+ 8.5 Green River

Daredevil #11 NM 9.4 Green River

X-men #14 VF+ 8.5 Green River

Thor #127 NM 9.4 Green River

Very nice books. Looks like nearly everyone was quite successful their first time around.

Second round they sent me a cracked slab (not cracked due to shipping) and refused to replace it because, "that's impossible... QC would have caught it".

Great second experience.

My second submission/experience introduced me to the dreaded SCS on a couple of books such as this one frustrated.gif

gl89.jpg