• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Brave New World (spoiler alert)

14 posts in this topic

OK, so....

Mary and Cap Jr lost their powers so Cap could be stronger? Do you think Mary dies from the fall?

I'm wondering if Cap Jr and Mary are expendible characters...

I can only hope so but what about the return of:

THE MONITOR(s)!!!

Well, and UNCLE SAM too! I am glad they revealed those items in this book. Truly makes it worth having.

That is probably the most significant thing in the whole book. The artwork looks pretty good for TOS by the way!!

Okay, so I just read Previews, and my question concernong Cap Jr is answered, but I wonder if they are really axing Mary.

The Monitors was definitely a shock. Keep in mind that the DCU was planned out piece by piece 4 years ago for several years, so nothing happens without reason...

Ok I just finished reading this and here are my thoughts.

Martian Manhunter

I couldn't care less about this character and this book did nothing to help. I will not buy this but I did enjoy the art.

OMAC

They would have done well if they left the OMAC project in the original 6 part mini before Infinite Crisis. I will not buy this one.

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

I may give this one a try. The characters are not known to me so I may pick up the first two or three issues.

The Creeper

Crapola

The Atom

Two words why I will not buy this.

John Byrne

I will never support a project that he is working on.

Trials of Shazam

I have to get this. A combo of Jodd Winick and Howard Porter makes this the best book of the 6 in my opinion.

I bought this, should I read it?

(Yeah, I know I paid a $1 on this and I ask if I should read it.)

Ok, for those who will be smart when answering, I know what you'll answer!

Fine I will read it, that is, when I get around to reading it.

My 0.02:

Martian Manhunter

I wonder if the Martian Manhunter should be retired. His stories in the 1950s Detective Comics are fun, but has he aged well? He may be an Atom Age relic best left on the shelf.

OMAC

Nice art, but the concept and story did little for me.

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

Zzzzz. Why did they revamp Phantom Lady and keep her in that b-u-t-t-ugly costume. I'm skipping this mini.

The Creeper

I liked, but not enough to grab the mini.

The Atom

Ths one I really liked and the main reason is Gail Simone's writing. I'll be buying this one when it comes out, Byrne or not. (Although I do like his work, his wingnut opinions or not.)

Trials of Shazam

I"m intrigued by this one also. I may pick up the mini.