• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So you have the best...

106 posts in this topic

I have to go with Nick Fury. Finally saw it the other day. Hasslehoff is the worst.

Pat

Nick Fury wasn't theatrically released I thought... Made for TV.

I'd probably go with Catwoman or Steel.

The Schumaker Batman movies all suck equally and they suck just sligtly more than Daredevil, which sucks just slightly more that any other mainstream movie of the last 10 years.

Surprised that no one mentioned HULK!!!!!!!!!!! 893censored-thumb.gif

I think that was one of the worst movies ever made and by far the worst superhero movie made. I thought Catwoman was bad too, but HULK was just terrible!!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Here's another vote for the Hulk. This movie also has my least favorite scene.........Hulk vs. the mutated dogs. I fell asleep twice during that scene. My second least favorite scene was when the Thing's girlfriend threw away her engagement ring on the bridge. crazy.gif

I vote for Catwoman. I liked Daredevil, didn't like the Hulk, and thought Elektra was o.k. And I HATED Catwoman. Saw it for free (fortunately), and MAN was it AWFUL. I've never read anyone post that they liked it, like I have with the others that we've debated over.

My vote for mainstream (i.e. with a decent budget and cast) super-hero schlock flicks goes to Batman Forever and even worse, Batman And Robin. Batman Forever was so tiresomely arch, hammy, witless and over-directed (if you can call it that) that I had trouble staying awake.

And Batman And Robin proved that it is possible to plumb even further depths than you thought possible. An absolute stinker, voted the worst movie ever by every U.K. film mag that year, as well as Film '97's Barry Norman (U.K. equivalent of Siskel And Ebert).

Don't forget last year's straight to video suckfest....

Man-Thing foreheadslap.gif

Time had almost mercifully erased that one from my memory.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Either Elektra or the Punisher with Daredevil and Catwoman very close behind and Superman 4 was pretty bad too.

Welcome, Soul Brother! hail.gif

Can I join the brotherhood? hi.gif

In terms of *actual* studio movies with a semblance of a budget:

Daredevil or the latest Punisher movie.

Both are just about unwatchable.

Come on, JC. Nothing beats Elektra in this category. Daredevil was horrible, but was nowhere near the suckfest Elektra was. The new Punisher film had a couple of really lame bits, but overall was a watchable, reasonably entertaining action flick. Even my wife liked it. Elektra was almost unwatchable.

I have to say that while Hulk wasn't great, it also wasn't terrible. It should have been reedited to be more engaging. Picture the movie opens with the helicopter chase through the desert, missiles blowing up mesas and all that, he gets buried under a mountain, they dig out an unconscious Banner, take him back to a holding cell, and THEN the story starts. It took almost an hour, as I recall, for him to Hulk out, which is all anyone wanted to see. But the effects and fights and all were cool once it got going.

FWIW, I try not to waste my time watching movies that have generally gotten bad reviews, so I haven't seen Catwoman, Punisher, DD, elektra, any of the post-Keaton Batmans, or Superman IV. I saw part of Batman Returns on cable, will try to watch it all at some point, but I couldn't help wonder why Liam Neeson, who is obviously supposed to be Ra's Al Ghul, said someone else was. Part of a nefarious plot, no doubt. I will say that I remember the second Conan movie was a real stinker. Not even Grace Jones was memorably bad, and that has to say something. I saw "Painting With Fire" recently and it was hilarious to see Bakshi and Milius stroking themselves thinking that they really caught the magic of Frazetta's oils on film.

I have a feeling Catwoman would actually win this vote if anybody actually watched it.

I vote for Daredevil with Hulk and Elecktra as 1A and 1B. Ben Affleck alone is reason enough to bomb the studio that produced that movie.

I have a feeling Catwoman would actually win this vote if anybody actually watched it.

I admit I've not seen it, so you may well be right - although with all the negative testimonials it received on this board from the day of its' release, I probably won't bother.

Sign me up w/ Batman and Robin. The scene where they click their heels together and ice skates pop out of their boots is just painful.....

While Elektra and the new Punisher flicks weren't Oscar winners, I thought they were both reasonably entertaining as well.

I've never seen Hulk the whole way through, but the parts I've seen, it definitely seems like a clunker..... foreheadslap.gif

I liked Elektra quite a bit,but I never really followed her in the comics,so for me,I had few preconceived notions.It definitely wasn't Frank Miller,but we did buy a copy and have watched it several times.As for the Hulk,I liked it ,and as I've said before,Hulk holds the record for the most stolen video from the jimjum crib(3 copies).GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif