• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age noobie question, mmmmm Jungle Girls

8 posts in this topic

I don't own a single book that was published prior to '64, but in watching some folks post their recent purchases, methinks I've found the genre that might get me buying Golden Age...

I love me some Jungle Chicks In Action! Could someone give me a rundown of those titles? I've noticed: Zoot, Jo Jo, Fight, Jungle, All Top and Jumbo. What might I be missing?

Is there a thread dedicated to Jungle Chick covers in all their glory?

Thanks for your help! hail.gif

No, but Skybolt's GGA thread is a good one to look up. Also, I recommend picking a Photo-Journal Guide to Comics Vols 1 and 2(the GA not the Marvel). It is an invaluable resource for all things GA(plus you get to see some cool Jungle Chick Covers!!!). grin.gif

Zago, Rulah, Jungle Thrills, Thrilling, .......................

Don't rule out rangers, fight, planet, cowpuncher, northwest mounties or many others too.

The ends of the runs of two of the three major Nedor titles (Exciting and Thrilling) had Schomburg (Xela) jungle covers. The third title (Startling) had Xela science fiction covers.

The ends of the runs of two of the three major Nedor titles (Exciting and Thrilling) had Schomburg (Xela) jungle covers. The third title (Startling) had Xela science fiction covers.

thumbsup2.gif

These are some of Schomburg's great, but too-few, airbrushed covers. Most of them have great color schemes (if you like bright pastels such as exhibited on the classic Startling 49) and clean, fresh copies really stand out! cloud9.gif

Welcome to the "New World" of GA collecting! yay.gif

Welcome to the Golden Age! hi.gif

You'll probably find a book or two in this thread that is of interest:

Favorite Good Girls