• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

You must get called a "pencil neck geek" or have "sawdust for brains" or a "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" at least once by JC in general.

that's the equivalent of asking new posters to wait a whole day before selling here

You must get called a "pencil neck geek" or have "sawdust for brains" or a "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" at least once by JC in general.

that's the equivalent of asking new posters to wait a whole day before selling here

better make it all three then . . . grin.gif

Arch could just start charging for listing and selling items.Keep all feedback private, and let anyone sell anything they want to.

We can call it ArchBay

Ze-

I am worried about the boards becoming a sort of dumping ground for people that just post the same list of unsellable junk week after week......

sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif

Just trying to move stuff out before listing the next collection. gossip.gif

Oh, and chromium shouldn't encourage me by buying the junk I list. 893naughty-thumb.gif

grin.gif

I dont think Newbies should be punished. Newbies should be allowed to buy in the MarketPlace. Svndst and Skinny bought most of my Batmans I was selling when they were new. They turned out to be great guys on the boards. Like Ebay everyone needs to start somewhere.

I dont think Newbies should be punished. Newbies should be allowed to buy in the MarketPlace. Svndst and Skinny bought most of my Batmans I was selling when they were new. They turned out to be great guys on the boards. Like Ebay everyone needs to start somewhere.

Skinny has been here longer than I have. gossip.gif

Ahh yes, "The triple crown".

I am worried about the boards becoming a sort of dumping ground for people that just post the same list of unsellable junk week after week......

sorry.gif

Oh yeah...talking of which...your books arrived today thumbsup2.gif

OK, that's the trifecta . . . what's the quintilla? smile.gif

Just a real quick suggestion. What if in a board member's bio, it had preferred methods of payment, both giving and receiving? Just a suggestion, that way whoever is hosting a BIN, or auction wouldn't have to remember to post it everytime.

I'm just wondering, have we really had so many problems that we need rules. I always just counted on us policing ourselves cause nothing would be worse then OldGuy telling you (the forum) I failed to pay him, or jc actually overpaying for some modern junk and complaining about it!

Thnx Arch, that was fast.

A few possible Rules /Guidelines so everyone is on the same page before selling/buying in Marketplace.

#1- When you list something for sale in Marketplace it is implied you will ALWAYS follow through on what you state in your auction(s) Never list items you do not already have in your possesion. Never change the deal once the deal is made. Unless the buyer is FULLY aware of any change.'s

#2- ALWAYS list how much shipping will be upfront is possible. Or at least offer different shipping options if you live overseas. Try to estimate how long it will take you to ship the items you are selling.

#3- If problems SHOULD arise it is up to both parties to work out their discrepancies in a civil manner themselves. There is a "Negative Feedback/Dispute" thread at the top of this page to air out any grievance between two parties. Please do not let these type of problems leave the marketplace.Either work them out in that Area, or let them go.

#4- Always remember to communicate with the buyer/seller, let them know what is going on at all times.. Lack of direct communication only helps molehills become mountains.

#5- Never bid on an item you cannot , or do not intend to pay for right away unless you work it out with the seller before placing a bid.

#6- If you have increment "live" bidding type auctions..be clear about the starting and stopping time BEFORE the auction begins. The auction cannot change once the bidding has started.

Lets try and adhere to the policy, "Say what you mean, and mean what you say." While it may only be a gentlemans agreement,it should be enough.

Arch, would you be willing to sticky a Negative Feedback/Dispute Thread at the top of Marketplace so people could have a place to rant about deals gone wrong? Keeping those rants in the Market place while working out their grievance, as well as possibly getting a few other opinions about how to resolve their dispute.

All good thoughts Kenny, all good thoughts.

No need for a committee apparently, just some people policing themselves and acting like decent people.

Now Mica can be satisfied I'm not starting another project. This will probably fetter out a large percentage of the problems.

oh and as an aside, i don't really want n00bs doing all that much selling. just as i don't want people signing up just to spam the Ebay board with their junk, i don't want a bunch of people signing up here to troll the marketplace and snag all the good deals that are there. i like to think of the marketplace as a place for people who have established themselves a bit, and as such would be familiar with how to conduct business in an ethical fashion without a ton of rules

I agree with this, I'm not that worried about newbies snagging all the good deals, but I am worried about the boards becoming a sort of dumping ground for people that just post the same list of unsellable junk week after week or put something up for sale that's simultaneously been put up on number of other sites, in newsgroups, on eBay etc...

Chromium's comment is right on; Sal and TopoftheTotem's (not quoted) is problematical for me. I haven't been here long, but made a fair amount of purchases before I hit 200 posts. Quantity isn't necessarily a yardstick for quality. I have no good suggestion to avoid the type of problem posting mentioned, but I don't think an amount of posts or length as a member qualification is the solution.

My comment is more in lines of being part of the community first then enjoy the benifits.

I just don't much care for the "hey how ya doing, buy my books" approach.

My suggestion was alot more friendly then some others who wanted a "500" post count before taking part.

But I do agree quality is more important quantity. flowerred.gif

Skinny has been here longer than I have. gossip.gif

shy.gif

1 - don't bid unless you are going to pay in a timely manner.

2 - unless instructed otherwise by buyer, ship books within a week of processing payment.

3 - be communicative. buyers should inform seller when payment has been made, and seller should inform buyers when books are sent.

4 - buyer and seller should leave feedback, positive or negative, in the kudos thread.

I agree with all four ESPECIALLY 2 & 3 thumbsup2.gif

I would also add that if the seller is selling a book or a lot (more than 1 book), than they had better MAKE SURE they have all the books before offering them.