• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

Dealers are currently posting sale lists here. Current rules on this forum make that not ok, but I haven't seen much hue and outcry over it. So rather than just shut it down and move those posts to the dealer forum, I'm opening a dialogue about it with you all to determine if there should be a rule change.

The dealers can post their wares for sale on the dealers' forum. This way there is no question that it's okay to post whatever they want there, be it board exclusive items or their regular items.

I agree that if it is a sale on the boards exclusively for board members then its kosher.

Since we are talking about Brent and his weekend sale (pardon me if I dont remember any other dealer doing it) I dont have a problem with it. Brent is a real member of the community and his books were only available through the forums.

I also wouldnt have a problem if Bob or Donut did it either.

However, I understand that if these fine forum members are allowed to do it, that might open up the doors for people like Neatstuff to invade us.

I have always understood the Ebay Marketplace to be a thread where you point people to the books you have for sale at other places and not neccesarily a place for direct sales.

For you to be asking, there has to be some outcry about it poke2.gif

On a serious note, I personally dont care if its a dealer, forumite, governor or President of the US,

if they are willing to come aboard and sell exclusively to forumites, its all good confused-smiley-013.gif

On a serious note, I personally dont care if its a dealer, forumite, governor or President of the US,

if they are willing to come aboard and sell exclusively to forumites, its all good confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand that Mr. President has quite a collection of ahem, underground comix, that he keeps in the lower left drawer of his desk in the oval office . . . 27_laughing.gif

And who, might I ask, is going to monitor and determine the "exclusive" nature of said offerings . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What next Chucky and NeatStuff? 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

There IS a separate forum for that. sumo.gif

And who, might I ask, is going to monitor and determine the "exclusive" nature of said offerings . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My man J_C will handle it yay.gif

Yeah right, as the last time I "handled it" I got a STRIKE, so no 893censored-thumb.gif thanks.

My man J_C will handle it yay.gif

Yeah right, as the last time I "handled it" I got a STRIKE, so no 893censored-thumb.gif thanks.

I thought Arex was filling in for JC in this forum these days? Or was it Aces? I get my A-members mixed.

It would be nice if we had a way to separate dealer posts fairly, but I think as soon as such posts were moderated there'd be another outcry from or about folks who are in the gray area, i.e.: "He's just a part-time dealer." Or from or about dealers who spend more time contributing to the boards constructively than they do just trying to sell books.

I'd rather see an end to selling posts that are just generally irritating, annoying wastes of bandwidth. But that ain't going to happen anytime soon. As Abigail Van Buren once said (or was it Eppie Landers?) "Unfortunately, common sense usually isn't."

Well, we could always just apply the arbitrary "nice-guy" test foreheadslap.gif

Works for me! Just think, nothing but pages of books from Aces, Arex and Nikos.... cloud9.gif And subject lines that actually reflect the books for sale!

If we were putting it to a vote, I'd go for being more hard-azzed about it and keeping dealers separate. It may clean things up little, although unless we're seeing a temporary situation the forum probably won't go back to being what it was.

Personally, I feel that the knobs who run into the Forum Only Selling area and post an INDIVIDUAL THREAD for each book or set of books, are a far worse problem. They just clutter up everything and push the good FS threads to the 2nd page.

That should be a rule, only one FS thread per week.

Personally, I feel that the knobs who run into the Forum Only Selling area and post an INDIVIDUAL THREAD for each book or set of books, are a far worse problem. They just clutter up everything and push the good FS threads to the 2nd page.

What about the forum members who only have a couple books to sell?

I don't sell too often and don't plan to, but when I do it would just be a couple/few books that don't fit my collecting interests any longer and will help raise a little capital to buy books that do. I thought that was what this forum was for. Am I a knob JC? (on second thought, don't answer that) Or, are you talking about someone/something else?

As for the topic of dealers, I agree, it is kind of a fine line when it comes to dealers on the Comics Market forum. I feel like some people, although they are dealers, are real members of the community who contribute to the boards in other ways besides just offering comics for sale. It is a tough distinction to make though.

In addition, many people post books for sale "before I put them on Ebay". Does this make those people dealers too? I don't know. I think there may be some grey areas that won't ever be completely ironed out.

Letting dealers list ANY books in the member to member forum is only going to lead to grief. Dealers have a forum where they can sell whatever they want already and that's where they should stay.

(yeah, so I said it twice already)

Letting dealers list ANY books in the member to member forum is only going to lead to grief. Dealers have a forum where they can sell whatever they want already and that's where they should stay.

(yeah, so I said it twice already)

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

What about the forum members who only have a couple books to sell?

Then post them in one thread like 99% of people do - it's common courtesy, really.

If you have a ton of books, then breaking them up into Silver/Bronze like Quality did this week works too, but the "use a thread for each book" BS is pure clutter.

Ettiquite should keep it at most 3 threads and if the moderators make that official I'm fine with it. Differentiating between dealers and indivduals or newbies and anyone else is not going to work. I'd rather just have a moderator delete threads as needed.

I haven't read the history of this thread but I recommend the following too.

Unless its an auction fun thread a price should be posted. Enough with the "taking offers" threads. Put a price on there. Even if its way too high you can still take offers but put a price so people know your level of seriousness.

I'd say the same thing about buying but thats a lot tougher since there are so many qualifiers its not worth the hassle. I just don't like when someone is WTB and I send a list of 15 books off his list and then you get no reply. Price you pay to sell comics I guess.

Let the board moderate its own if there are non payers, scammers etc. Those won't last long here.

Unless its an auction fun thread a price should be posted. Enough with the "taking offers" threads. Put a price on there. Even if its way too high you can still take offers but put a price so people know your level of seriousness.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Count me in as another person sick of the "offers" threads. sumo.gif

Count me in as another person sick of ________________ grin.gif

Count me in as another person sick of the "offers" threads. sumo.gif

And another here! headbang.gif