• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

Now rarely does anything bother me but, I think if you are going to list a book in the marketplace, take the extra minute and put a price alongside your listing.

I mean, we dont go to cons/conventions and check dealers stock/books and see "Best Offer" as their price sumo.gif

Now rarely does anything bother me but, I think if you are going to list a book in the marketplace, take the extra minute and put a price alongside your listing.

I mean, we dont go to cons/conventions and check dealers stock/books and see "Best Offer" as their price sumo.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

How about posting a pic of the book you are wanting to buy? Sometimes this is more easily remembered than an actual number. I think it's a great idea.

R.

• Administrator

How about a guideline of where the line is crossed from dealer to regular joe? It seems we have some pretty dealer-like dealers posting in this section, and I want to get a feel for the community sentiment on this.

• Administrator
Well if it's a dealer sale exclusively to the boards, so not just pimping stuff that is on their site/eBay then I'm fine with it..

That's a tough line to draw. As of right now, the guidelines on this board make it OK for dealers to post occasional WTBs for their hard to finds, and NO selling posts.

WTB/Forum only:

"A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction."

Ebay / Dealer:

"A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Messages expire after 12 days."

Well if it's a dealer sale exclusively to the boards, so not just pimping stuff that is on their site/eBay then I'm fine with it..

I agree with this... i dont see any problem for dealers offering stuff exclusively to the boards, im even fine if it is an established , reputable , wellknown dealer offering comics on his site with a board discount yay.gif

That's a tough line to draw. As of right now, the guidelines on this board make it OK for dealers to post occasional WTBs for their hard to finds, and NO selling posts.

WTB/Forum only:

"A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction."

Ebay / Dealer:

"A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Messages expire after 12 days."

not sure what you are saying or what you don't like that is currently going on.

please elaberate.

• Administrator

Dealers are currently posting sale lists here. Current rules on this forum make that not ok, but I haven't seen much hue and outcry over it. So rather than just shut it down and move those posts to the dealer forum, I'm opening a dialogue about it with you all to determine if there should be a rule change.