• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego tale of woe

137 posts in this topic

Not to sound negative or anything, but did someone *actually* leave a pile of Frazetta art at a dealer's table WITHOUT a hardcopy list of prices?

If so, someone needs to get with 2006.

I’ll probably forever be known as the stupid a-hole who sold a Frazetta for 1/10 its desired asking price, regardless of the facts.

Well, I disagree. You're not a "stupid a-hole." Best to my knowledge, you don't collect Frazetta art and you're not an art dealer/collector who would claim to have expertise in that area. You are a nice guy who was merely trying to do a favor for a friend. You weren't set up in San Diego to sell art. You were there to promote your toy company. I hope the buyer will realize this was just a mistake and will come to some kind of compromise for Stephen.

Lambert

I second this. Please don't be hard on yourself - in my opinion - you are the party of least fault (if any fault at all) here.

Not to sound negative or anything, but did someone *actually* leave a pile of Frazetta art at a dealer's table WITHOUT a hardcopy list of prices?

Everybody makes mistakes.. I agree that a hardcopy should have been left but hindsight is 20/20 and lets give the guy a break - he just potentially lost 10k. How would you feel, mistake or not?

Everybody makes mistakes.. I agree that a hardcopy should have been left but hindsight is 20/20 and lets give the guy a break - he just potentially lost 10k. How would you feel, mistake or not?

Many collectors leave art on consignment. Rarely, if ever, are hard copy lists given. Agreed that this makes sense, but there are lots of things in this hobby that are done on faith.

How about this? How many of you get receipts for all your transactions? Or get signed contracts on time payments? Or insist on not paying an artist on a commission until it's delivered? You get my point.

Many collectors leave art on consignment. Rarely, if ever, are hard copy lists given. Agreed that this makes sense, but there are lots of things in this hobby that are done on faith.

Wow, then comic art must be one zany business. No hadcopy prices, everything is verbalized, no email, no writing, no printing, just lotsa talking.

Wild, to say the least. 893whatthe.gif

And P.S., it has nothing to do with "faith", but is simply good business. I have sold other things on consignment, and there has always been some written or typed communication of the prices and conditions.

I couldn't imagine plopping down a stack of expensive comics, and simply verbalizing my prices one after the other to the dealer - how could anyone keep track?

How about this? How many of you get receipts for all your transactions? Or get signed contracts on time payments? Or insist on not paying an artist on a commission until it's delivered? You get my point.

Apples and Oranges, my friend, apples and oranges.

Just because we may not get a notarized bill of sale for every single transaction does NOT mean we have no records, or do not include pertinent information with our items for sale.

I am not trying to make the poor guy feel bad, but your examples are way off base.

After all, we're talking about a simple hand-written list of the art and corresponding prices, not the Declaration of Independence. foreheadslap.gif

Hari...bail out of the discussion now. It will not stay civil long.

This is the guy everyone was joking about at the CGC dinner.

You don't need this kinda grief.

Email me if you are interested in some early turtle's art.

Chris

This is the guy everyone was joking about at the CGC dinner.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

And this kind of comment is supposed to make you retards look good? More like the usual nerd cowards I used to beat up in high school, and it would almost be worth the plane ticket to come to one of these dinners and watch you geeks stammer.

Be a man, and say your 893censored-thumb.gif to my face.

Wow, then comic art must be one zany business. No hadcopy prices, everything is verbalized, no email, no writing, no printing, just lotsa talking.

Wild, to say the least. 893whatthe.gif

And P.S., it has nothing to do with "faith", but is simply good business. I have sold other things on consignment, and there has always been some written or typed communication of the prices and conditions.

I couldn't imagine plopping down a stack of expensive comics, and simply verbalizing my prices one after the other to the dealer - how could anyone keep track?

I believe in this case we're talking a few pieces at most, hardly a long list to remember. Plus, it was consigned spontaneously at the show, without forethought. A simple thing would have been to write the price on the back/mylar. But, again, in hindsight.

I remember giving the piece a passing glance on preview night and having no idea that it was potentially underpriced.

Good luck guys. I really hope you can recover the piece. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And to have a $10K piece,smaller than a sheet of notebook paper,at a show that was expected to bring in 100,000 people....even if it was priced correctly.....It wouldn't have left my sight. It is a BAD situation,and that piece will forever be "marked" unless the guy does the right thing. Some people don't realize how many times having "faith" will get you burned. I've been in retail for 15 years and my faith in people doing the right thing got shattered early on.

And this kind of comment is supposed to make you retards look good? More like the usual nerd cowards I used to beat up in high school, and it would almost be worth the plane ticket to come to one of these dinners and watch you geeks stammer.

Be a man, and say your to my face.

Ummm...I was saying all this and more to your face and you put me on "ignore" cuz you could not handle it. So if you did not run from the conversation, like the type of coward you call everyone else, you would have seen me SAYING THIS TO YOUR FACE for months.

So I will return the favor and put you on ignore, I don't need to read your comments here, I see enough of people that talk like you on the annual telethons.

I have no interested with a battle of wits with someone so obviously unarmed.

C

PS They were not all laughing at you because they were scared to say it to your face, they were laughing at you because you are the joke of the CGC board. That is probably why you don't get banned....every village needs and insufficiently_thoughtful_person and every kingdom needs a fool.

And to have a $10K piece,smaller than a sheet of notebook paper,at a show that was expected to bring in 100,000 people....even if it was priced correctly.....It wouldn't have left my sight. It is a BAD situation,and that piece will forever be "marked" unless the guy does the right thing. Some people don't realize how many times having "faith" will get you burned. I've been in retail for 15 years and my faith in people doing the right thing got shattered early on.

Doing shows is one of the fastest ways I know to learn the difference between faith and foolishness...Glad to see you on the boards,Joey.Do you ever hear from Kermit Osserman anymore?I used to do shows with him back when the Pembroke Mall shows were still awesome.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Doing shows is one of the fastest ways I know to learn the difference between faith and foolishness...Glad to see you on the boards,Joey.Do you ever hear from Kermit Osserman anymore?I used to do shows with him back when the Pembroke Mall shows were still awesome.GOD BLESS...

Hey Jim,I never see Kermit anymore.I hear he's somewhere out in Northern or Western part of the state and doing alot on Ebay. I kept seeing your name on posts on here and then saw you were from Williamsburg I had a feeling it was you . I was talking to Lewis Forro just this past Monday and asked him if you lived in Williamsburg,because he brings your name up from time to time. He wasn't sure but he knew you went by Jimjum! Good to hear from you,it's been awhile! Joey

I need to get by your shop,but don't have a license right now.The success you've had with retail and eBAY is well desrved,as you were always one of the fairest and hardest working guys on the circuit back in the day.You definitely understand the value of a happy customer,unlike that giant human sized flatworm that RIPPED off the guy in this thread.GOD BLESS...

Ummm...I was saying all this and more to your face and you put me on "ignore" cuz you could not handle it. So if you did not run from the conversation, like the type of coward you call everyone else, you would have seen me SAYING THIS TO YOUR FACE for months.

Man, I'd love to hear this face-to-face, even if I had to kneel down to a dwarf like you. 27_laughing.gif

If you're ever up in Canada, give me a buzz and I'll take you out for a beer bottle. thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

what the hell man... totally unnecessary! foreheadslap.gif Attempts at physical intimidation on a comic board? If everyone on here is such a geek then why be threatened enough to offer physical punishment? Relax man smile.gif

I never threatened physical injury, but since nerdboy here stated he has no fear of me and wants to laugh in my face, so I'm simply giving him the opportunity. I never asked for this - he's obviously the instigator - again, READ his comments.

I don't see the big deal, as he's begging for the meeting, not me or didn't you read his rather offensive replies? foreheadslap.gif

Attempts at physical intimidation on a comic board? If everyone on here is such a geek then why be threatened enough to offer physical punishment? Relax man

I don't know why you are trying to reason with this guy. He's ignorant so I just put him on ignore.

It is a much nicer board that way.

You don't have to look any further than he likes to call people cowards while hiding behind an alias and refusing to ever give his name. Kinda like the guy that challenged you to a fight in grade school and then ran and hid in the bushes. Not even worth the time and trouble.

Peace to all the adults on the list.

Chris