• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego tale of woe

137 posts in this topic

The fault does not lie with the person who bought the art. He paid the price asked by the person who was in charge of selling it. Period. The buyer is not obligated to share his personal knowledge of art and prices with the seller. This is why knowledge is power. He did'nt steal it. He bought it for the price that was asked by the person in charge of selling it.

The screw up was between the consigner and the dealer "friend". Think about this before the lynching party is rounded up. frown.gif

True, the scumbag that bought the piece technically didn't do anything wrong, .

Then why is he a scumbag and why are you jumping on me for my honest opinion?

I don't have the art and have nothing to do with this.

This is why we live in a country of laws. I answered it as a legal question.

I didn't realize you are a lawyer...learn something new everyday. thumbsup2.gif

The problem that most of you can't see is that it's all about what happened between the consignor and seller.

Thank you. Anybody with any thought waves can see it.

It's a logic and legal question.

Just my luck. Brother whiners. Neither one makes sense.

except to the other.

The problem was that the consignor accidentally misspoke the price.

If this is true then it is entirely the consigners fault. Case dismissed.

Brothers S. get back in your boxes.

If I ever need a lawyer, I'll be sure to give you call. You certainly seem to know your S 893censored-thumb.gif

Nice english. Good luck with that green card.

Some of us learn and some of us don't apparantly. Have you read the other posts? and now your brother is calling me names because I have an opinion that does not match his? Never mind the fact that the dog is barking even though he is dead wrong.

As Bob Dylan said: Some people got forks and knives and they just got to cut into something.

Among many, many things that you do not know. and now your brother is calling me names because I have an opinion that does not match his? Never mind the fact that the dog is barking even though he is dead wrong. yip. yip.

As Bob Dylan said: Some people got forks and knives and they just got to cut into something.

In case anyone did not know kevin76 and comicartfan are brothers who shill for each other. They moan and whine. kevin76 attended a show of 100 tables crammed with comics and creators and then posted that there was nothing there.

Okay Yogi! Nobody goes. It's too crowded!

Every show has a one percent of miserable of folks that are really self hating collector's and are never happy no matter what. I now see what happened to Neal Adams and Don Rosa when the village insufficiently_thoughtful_persons start to poke their heads out.

Among many, many things that you do not know. and now your brother is calling me names because I have an opinion that does not match his? Never mind the fact that the dog is barking even though he is dead wrong. yip. yip.

In case anyone did not know kevin76 and comicartfan are brothers who shill for each other. They moan and whine. kevin76 attended a show of 100 tables crammed with comics and creators and then posted that there was nothing there.

Okay Yogi! Nobody goes. It's too crowded!

Every show has a one percent of miserable of folks that are really self hating collector's and are never happy no matter what. I now see what happened to Neal Adams and Don Rosa when the village insufficiently_thoughtful_persons start to poke their heads out.

LMAO,everyone on the boards knows we are brothers,Feel free to check eBay and go back as far as you like,There is and never will be,each of us bidding on each others auction. Speaking of whining and moaning,a show crammed with 100 tables there really was nothing there excpet you yelling at the dealers,your wife and kids like a little kid not getting his way...guess you can't handle the pressure of running a show of a 100 tables with nothing there.Maybe you should close it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Way I see it you gave your buisness the perfect name,since it's run by a bunch of monkies.

If I ever need a lawyer, I'll be sure to give you call. You certainly seem to know your S 893censored-thumb.gif

Enough that I have represented my self in court several times and won. I only do misdemeanors though.

Oh yeah. I'm a Detective too.

also attended four colleges.

Enough that I have represented my self in court several times and won. I only do misdemeanors though.

Oh yeah. I'm a Detective too.

also attendrd four colleges.

After 4 colleges you still can't spell? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Speaking of whining and moaning,a show crammed with 100 tables there really was nothing there excpet you yelling at the dealers,your wife and kids like a little kid not getting his way...guess you can't handle the pressure of running a show of a 100 tables with nothing there.Maybe you should close it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Way I see it you gave your buisness the perfect name,since it's run by a bunch of monkies.

Now you're just making stuff up.

100 tables. Nothing there. insane.gif

Why do you keep coming other than needing something for the two of you to complain about?

I rest my case.

After 4 colleges you still can't spell? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I never said I went for spelling.

This is hilarious coming from you. My eyes hurt from reading your posts. poke2.gif

What do I win after the three thousand board lawyers come down on my side?

How about damages for the insults? No, the retraction is always at the bottom of page 36.

Why do you keep coming other than needing something for the two of you to complain about?

Leave me out of this ! - mad.gif

Show me a post where I complained about your show. Otherwise, this is between you and him.

People on these boards need to realize that I am not responsible for what my brother does, says, thinks or any other activity. In other words : I am not my brother's keeper.

Show me a post where I complained about your show. Otherwise, this is between you and him.

Re: San Diego tale of woe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I am going to vomit.

When I read this and I think of the fact that you are a so called businessman, I am really wondering how dealers continue to support your shows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's this then?

What do I win after the three thousand board lawyers come down on my side?

How about damages for the insults?

None of the board lawyers are brave (crazy/foolish, etc) enough to comment publically on a case that they know very little about. The amount of information listed here is certainly not enough to spout off if a lawyer wanted to spout off wise.

But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I will save mine until I hear from all sides, including those that have not been heard from.

Chris

Re: San Diego tale of woe

I think I am going to vomit.

When I read this and I think of the fact that you are a so called businessman, I am really wondering how dealers continue to support your shows.

What's this then?

I received a PM with a big "whatever".

I am starting to feel like Houdini exposing bullies, frauds and charlatans.

I will save mine until I hear from all sides, including those that have not been heard from.

Chris

All I used is the evidence presented.

It comes down to someone either said fifteen hundred or thousand.

Is there more important evidence than this?

I do not know any of these people and I certainly do have sympathy for the person who lost the art.

Sometimes it just comes down to simple facts.

Just my opinion. Stop the hate mail. It's a forum. Remember?

Don't post it if you don't want it talked about.

Have any of the "real" lawyers chimed in on this?

All I used is the evidence presented.

It comes down to someone either said fifteen hundred or thousand.

Is there more important evidence than this?

For one thing, there is an entire other transaction that occured. Another party, his facts in the first transaction. The facts and dialogue in the second transaction. The terms and the conditions of that 2nd deal are all relevant to the first.

I know enough to know that I don't know anywhere near everything that happened in this instance. And while you can feel free to make a judgment based on what you know, I will wait until the missing pieces are filled in, that's all.

Is this aimed at me? What are you referring to when you say this?

I thought my other post counted as a "chime".

I don't have enough info yet to lay down a Judge Dredd "I am the law" on this one yet.

Chris

Take your own advice. Strong opinions are going to be met with strong reactions, so don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Chris is a "real" lawyer and he just explained to you that it would be unwise for a "real" lawyer to chime in with legal analysis at this point in time.

Is this aimed at me?

I thought my other post counted as a "chime".

We are just talking about the single piece of Frazetta art. 1500 or 15,000.

Somebody PMed me and stated that it was their fault. Okay. Why isn't it over?

I did not know that you were a lawyer.

I am not. Just trying to be logical.

A judge would have to make a decision.

I wasn't referring to you if it came out that way.