• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC Grade (Golden Age Edition): Rd 2

22 posts in this topic

Next up - one of my favorite books! cloud9.gif

This issue features the 1st appearance of Uncle Scrooge in a great X-mas story with everything you're looking for in a Barks' duck book - Donald and the Nephews going on an adventure, Donald getting himself into trouble, and Huey, Dewey, and Louie saving the day. This story, Barks' adapation of Dickens' Christmas Carol in "The Life and Times of Uncle Scrooge", and "A Christmas for Shacktown" are highly recommended Holiday reading for old and young alike!

Here are the scans of this copy - the main defect is the beginning of a very light spine roll, with vertical non-color breaking creasing/bending running the length of the spine...it's very, very minimal. There's also a 1/4" tear right edge (see scan). Also, note that there's an almost imperceptible scratch on the case that appears in the scan as what looks like a corner crease in the bottom right corner of the front cover.

fc178.jpg

fc178_back.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Note: there is some glare from the inner well at the left side of the top edge of the back cover, there are no defects "hidden" under the glare.

Next up - one of my favorite books! cloud9.gif

Here are the scans of this copy - the main defect is the beginning of a very light spine roll, with vertical non-color breaking creasing/bending running the length of the spine...it's very, very minimal.

VF- 7.5 I would have graded it lower, but since you say it is very very minimal...

Dan

Like you see on many GA books, the vertical reading creasing along the spine has not resulted in any cracking of the ink/color layer, which is why I pointed it out in the description since non-color breaking creases don't show up in scans very well. If this were a SA or BA book, there would have definitely been color loss. That said, other than the tear, this copy probably would have been closer to an 8.0.

fc178_label.jpg

Close. smile.gif

Maybe I'm bumping too much for GA. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, the grades were generally pretty close for this one, with The Grading Bastiche and uclapeterg (sorry 'bout the tourney but someone had to go down!) getting the first bullseyes! thumbsup2.gif