• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online stores?

10 posts in this topic

While not a store parse, I've found the best deals buying big lots from people on eBay. You can get tons of comics for a great price and as long as you're willing to accept the fact that an eBay nm is almost never a real nm, you'll be satisfied with your purchases.

I know many board members don't like them because some issues are vastly overpriced and grading can be a bit hit and miss, but I've made a few nice purchases with Mile High Comics. They have a lot of common 80s comics for very good prices when listed as a red colored "Sale." Just stay clear of key issues and you'll do fine by them. If you subscribe to Chuck's e-mail list, you'll receive codewords for discounts. The current codework "sandiego" gets you 50% off the lowest listed price on back issues and runs through Tuesday.

Hope this helps,

-Bob

O, no, you cannot, however they use REAL prices for most of their ebay auctions. For instance, I noticed one book they had on ebay recently for $4, and thought i'd check their website. They had it there...for $15. I was trying to upgrade some inexpensive Web of Spideys and was able to find some for as little as 70 cents on ebay. Now I just have to hope they are in the advertised grade, which is always a [embarrassing lack of self control] shoot for MH.