• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August Heritage Auction

312 posts in this topic

Congrats on the Batman 24 (I was watching it, but would only bid if it was pretty low). I was seriously considering the Batman 18 also (my copy is a 5.0 and th 8.5 is the best copy I have seen!), but I really want to focus on Detectives. I believe I won the 91, 93, and 164. I have a 164 but this one was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up. The one I missed out on was the 168, but those are the breaks ...

Are the superhero D copies performing as well as the Barks ducks?

Seriously, the Barks Crippen books are selling for 3-10x guide. This is not the norm. I mean, sure, some of these books would sell for multiples of guide, but some books (like the 8.0 Four Color 223) sold for 3x+ GPA average...this is not normal; the last 8.0 FC 223 sold for just over $500 a few months ago (the Crippen went for over $1500!). I guess it's the Crippen pedigree?

Are the superhero D copies performing as well as the Barks ducks?

Seriously, the Barks Crippen books are selling for 3-10x guide.

What book sold for 10X?

Hmm, I was wrong. The WDCS 38 is currently at 6x guide (I thought guide on this one was $300, not $500). The FC 328 is at 5x guide. sorry.gif

The FC 291 also went for 6x guide.

The FC 328 is at 5x guide.

Holy cow, for a 9.2 copy! I hadn't been following this one very carefully, I am stunned by that price! hail.gif

This one I was following pretty closely, and was actually surprised it didn't go for a bit more. This was a good win for whoever got it.

Holy cow, for a 9.2 copy! I hadn't been following this one very carefully, I am stunned by that price! hail.gif

This one I was following pretty closely, and was actually surprised it didn't go for a bit more. This was a good win for whoever got it.

What about 6x guide (before the floor!) for a 9.0??

I was also slightly surprised at the 291, especially considering the price that 367 achieved a few months ago. I expected 6k+

I noticed that the More Fun 52 ended at 119K. Not sure if it sold or not though.

check this lot out. Sounded a bit risque for Heritage, but there it is!

ouch!!

1347656-Picture7.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif.The prices that surprised me as being reasonable were the Jack Kamen Blue Beetles,Reggie # 2,Rex the Wonder Dog # 2,Millie # 1,Katie Keen # 2,Flash # 108, and GL (silver) # 2.I sure hope board members won ALL of the above,or I'm going to have to quit claiming youse guys poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

What about 6x guide (before the floor!) for a 9.0??

I was also slightly surprised at the 291, especially considering the price that 367 achieved a few months ago. I expected 6k+

I think there are a number of collectors who are sentimentally attached to the 367 in a way that makes it stand out above and beyond the 9.4 grade.

I noticed that the More Fun 52 ended at 119K. Not sure if it sold or not though.

check this lot out. Sounded a bit risque for Heritage, but there it is!

ouch!!

1347656-Picture7.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif.The prices that surprised me as being reasonable were the Jack Kamen Blue Beetles,Reggie # 2,Rex the Wonder Dog # 2,Millie # 1,Katie Keen # 2,Flash # 108, and GL (silver) # 2.I sure hope board members won ALL of the above,or I'm going to have to quit claiming youse guys poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Except the 7.0 copy of Blue Beetle #54, which went for more than $3,500. 893whatthe.gif

Didn't the 9.4 Mile High Copy recently sell for about $6,500? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Tec 31 sold for about the same as the Tec 35. That's a surprise to me.

you know what got no resoect in this auction??

MADs..

This is no surprise at all. If I were a HG EC or Mad collector sitting on a big collection already, I would be livid at how Heritage has almost singlehandedly killed the market. It seems like every auction there are ultra-HG after ultra-HG Gaines EC/Mads listed, the vast majority most of which don't sell. Conversely, If I were interested in acquiring HG ECs/Mads, I would feel absolutely no urgency whatsoever because they' ALL seem to be available.

MADs..

This is no surprise at all. If I were a HG EC or Mad collector sitting on a big collection already, I would be livid at how Heritage has almost singlehandedly killed the market. It seems like every auction there are ultra-HG after ultra-HG Gaines EC/Mads listed, the vast majority most of which don't sell. Conversely, If I were interested in acquiring HG ECs/Mads, I would feel absolutely no urgency whatsoever because they' ALL seem to be available.

Yeah, that's rough. There are what, 12 copies of each EC that are called Gaines File copies? Does that hold true for every EC book? i fso, that means that there are hundreds upon hundreds of ultra-high grade EC books out there. When you put a huge reserve on a set of those books, those books will sit. It certainly makes it appear like it is very easy (just expensive) to procure any number of HG ECs...

MADs..

Yeah, that's rough. There are what, 12 copies of each EC that are called Gaines File copies? Does that hold true for every EC book?

True of the overwhelming majority of new Trend and New Direction books. Some have a shade fewer than 12 and some have none or just a couple copies.