• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August Heritage Auction

312 posts in this topic

I'm high bidder on my book for less than I expected (by about $300), but have an additional $700 in my bid to battle floor bids. I'm over the $2500 needed for EPP, when you add the BP (less than $2500 on actual current bid).

All of my bids are away. Four didn't get through because someone already bid higher, but I have the high bid on four books right now. If I win them all I would be real happy, but I expect to lose at least two on the floor. If I miss on all, then maybe some OA.

I'm the high bidder on 4 books as well, with internet bidding ending on 3 tomorrow. I'm comfortably ahead on one book, but with the other 3 I'm right at the edge. One more bid and I'm a gonner. crazy.gif

All of my bids are away. Four didn't get through because someone already bid higher, but I have the high bid on four books right now. If I win them all I would be real happy, but I expect to lose at least two on the floor. If I miss on all, then maybe some OA.

I'm the high bidder on 4 books as well, with internet bidding ending on 3 tomorrow. I'm comfortably ahead on one book, but with the other 3 I'm right at the edge. One more bid and I'm a gonner. crazy.gif

Good luck on them, hopefully you will be able to snag at least the one.

Depends on the venue and varies from session to session. There's usually more if it's held at a Con. I've seen sessions with 40 or more attendees but I've not been to any in a while. Some people bid on enough lots that they are on the phone through much of a session. Others call in about a book or two.

Thanks. I just wanted to get a mental picture of the process and of the extent of the floor involvement / activity.

Gearing up for a big purchase? poke2.gif

27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

Plus, I have yet to see any Dotty Dripple 22, Daisy and her Pups 25, Love Experiences 12, Happy Rabbit 47, Sparkle 22, United 21, Sweethearts 109, Real Love 46, Lovers 32, Life Story 36, Georgie 35 ... at Heritage.

Yup, the above list is sadly (?) the bottom part ($-wise) of my want list. I'll get little excitement from crossing them off my list and yet I'll have to search high and low to find the copy I want. It's as tough down here as it is up there looking for mainstream titles in HG.

Happy Rabbit 47 poke2.gif

Might want to look for some of those others.

link to auction

question; i was high bidder on cap 9 when the auction closed. past an hour later and im outbidded? how did that happen.

Certain long-time frequent bidders have "legacy bidding privileges" and can bid past the regularly appointed close time.

Alright, one of the books I was going to bid is an 8.0 and guides at $281. Now its at $2031. Guess I can kiss that goodbye. Is type of thing normal for goldenage.

No, but it does happen when books are scarce or particularly sought after and that demand has not been reflected in the guide. If you post a link to the item I'm sure there's a board member that could tell you why it occurred.

Sensation 96 was the book in question.

Guide in 8.0 is $281

Only 1 higher copy.

Currently is 1912 with BP. frown.gif

You probably have 2 committed bidders on this one, which is a very tough book in this grade. I know of one other copy like it (maybe a bit better) and the guy was thrilled because he had been looking for years. Still, while I am not surprised to see it go for well over guide, I am surprised to see it going as high as it is.

There are healthy prices on the Sensations after this issue as well, but none of them have the "Romance" appeal of this particular issue.

am i missing a thing or are prices really low? seems the dcs, like the green lantern 2 and the jla 4 and some of the cap runs went cheap. also non9.4 silver looked very weak. is this signature auction held with a con i can not think of one going on now.

Legacy bidders still have 14+ hours to bid via internet, and I think ebay bidders can still bid. In addition, bids can be faxed in, and of course there is still the floor auction. I think you must have Signature Auctions confused with the weekly Amazing Auctions, which are conducted only on the internet.

Sensation 96 was the book in question.

Guide in 8.0 is $281

Only 1 higher copy.

Currently is 1912 with BP. frown.gif

You probably have 2 committed bidders on this one, which is a very tough book in this grade. I know of one other copy like it (maybe a bit better) and the guy was thrilled because he had been looking for years. Still, while I am not surprised to see it go for well over guide, I am surprised to see it going as high as it is.

There are healthy prices on the Sensations after this issue as well, but none of them have the "Romance" appeal of this particular issue.

Thanks Adam... I have only been looking for Sensation Comics for about a year and they always seem to have alot of bid action even on raw copies. I have seen some PGX copies of the mid 90 issues but never any cgc copies. Those went over guide as well and were midgrade.

Good luck on them, hopefully you will be able to snag at least the one.

Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

I just got outbid on one of the books, by I believe a legacy bidder, so now I'm down to 3. I wasn't expecting to win this book at 75% guide anyway.