• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man unpublished covers !

78 posts in this topic

The unpublished cover to Amazing Spider-man #10 was actually used in Mexico in 1980 by editores Novidades. But the Official Marvel Index to Amazing Spider-man wasn't published until the mid -80's, so the interesting question is, how did the mexicans get ahold of that cover?

What makes no since is the published cover is the same image from a different angle so why change it. I wish they would have done variant covers back in those days.

It looks like they just wanted to catch the Black Cat from the front angle. I like this cover much better as well, but understand why they went with the other.

CoverAS194alt2.gif

thumbsup2.gif Cool thanks Beyonder where did you dig that up?

Never mind I just found it in ASM #194 foreheadslap.gif their is also a Spider-Woman cover to bad the pictures are so small frown.gif

Spidey194_cover_Alt.jpg

I can't think of too many Non-Romita Spider Man covers I like better than this Pollard work. Maybe #316.

Really a bad editorial choice.

I don't know. I am no big fan of the final cover used on Amazing Spider-Man #194, but this one has its own problems. First, her hair and a good part of her head will either be cut off by the ASM logo or it'll cover it up. Either way, not an ideal way to introduce a new character on the cover by having them jumbled in with the logo. Also, it's a back view of a new character. That's a no-no. This would have worked brilliantly as an interior splash page, but not as a cover IMO.

I love Keith Pollard's art (I consider him to be one of the great, underrated artists of the late 1970s and early 1980s), but I think they blew it on both covers (unpublished and published).

What makes no since is the published cover is the same image from a different angle so why change it. I wish they would have done variant covers back in those days.

It looks like they just wanted to catch the Black Cat from the front angle. I like this cover much better as well, but understand why they went with the other.

I like this cover better too because I'm an ASSMAN!

headbang.gif

Found a few years ago this picture on Internet. I don't know for what issue of asm this cover was envisaged, but it looks like a "time travel" story for sure:

2A991.JPG

My guess it is some type of promo one shot...

never seen it though...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The unpublished cover to Amazing Spider-man #10 was actually used in Mexico in 1980 by editores Novidades. But the Official Marvel Index to Amazing Spider-man wasn't published until the mid -80's, so the interesting question is, how did the mexicans get ahold of that cover?

Are you organizing a posse? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif