• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man unpublished covers !

78 posts in this topic

Wow spider-variant never seen that one before thumbsup2.gif that is a great one where did you find this? I kind of like the cheesy Photo cover that they used but I like this one also who did the art? those FF ones I posted above were on the back of the Official Marvel Index to the Fantastic Four #1 & 2 893applaud-thumb.gif

Cosmic, here is another I found that I had never seen before.

Looks like the Parallel Lives Graphic Novel was going to be originally published in the pages of ASM. Spider-Man went to a 60-cent cover price starting in Jan 1982 and running to March 1985. The Parallel Lives GN was published in May 1989 and offered art by Alex Saviuk and Andy Mushynsky, the same two that did this cover. So it could work. I'm too lazy to pull out my GN, but maybe there is something in there. Anyway, something new.

OK, if I would have just looked closer, I would have saw this was going to be a 1983 cover.

asm_unpcover.jpg

Here is one that was redone with minor changes at the behest of Stan Lee -- who preferred Spidey to be portrayed swinging with two hands. Also in the final version the protestors were made to appear less angry. Spidey figure was also dropped down so his arm would not cover so much of the logo.

AmazingSpider-man68unusedcoverar-1.jpg

After Romita redrew it there were still more changes to the protestors and the final version ended up like this.

Spider-man68MarvelMulti-Mag.jpg

Hey man, I like this bag of books - Do you have the top part of the picture?

Do you own these?

I didn't know that comicbook grab bags went all the back into the silver age.

I thought this only started in the bronze age.

How friggin cool!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey man, I like this bag of books - Do you have the top part of the picture?

Do you own these?

I didn't know that comicbook grab bags went all the back into the silver age.

I thought this only started in the bronze age.

How friggin cool!

893applaud-thumb.gif

You know this was the only example of this I'd seen until literally today when I noticed heritage has one just like this up for sale.

I believe this is RIGHT after Marvel started offering complete unsold copies for sale, because I've seen unopened bags of marvel comics from just before this one, and they were sold without covers.

893whatthe.gif Just found this looks like a McFarlane unpublished ASM cover confused-smiley-013.gif not sure though. Anyone ever seen it maybe it was used on one of the McFarlane Spider-Man series issues, or maybe a later Marvel Tales cover I know he did some of those but I have never seen this one. And if it is a unpublished ASM cover any ideal what issue it is for? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

1655276-ASMUnpublishedart.jpg

1655276-ASMUnpublishedart.jpg.8e1f389fd8b29a643611f38881fff2d8.jpg

I believe there are some x-men alternate covers that were printed in x-men classic several years ago...These images are awesome by the way. I like the original Black Cat one better, but the alternate is kinda neat. Marvel should use some of these Gems and do a reprint book.

My thoughs exactly. That's the color guide, so there's a chance that the original art is out there somewhere.

Hi Danny. hi.gif

hi.gif Hi Reggie

Thats a sweet cover...