• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 129

18 posts in this topic

I thought maybe this would happen. The scans don't even come close to detailing whats wrong with the book. One thing you can see is a crease in the LRC. The brightness of the yellow makes it hard to see.

Also a rip along the top edge of the back cover.

Also a good deal of cover dents and bends of the sort that you can see right above Punishers left knee, between his legs. (The white on his calf below it is some sort of printer defect I think)

If my life depended on me nailing the grade on this, I'd call it no higher than a 7.0. frown.gif And I wouldn't fight with someone who wanted to call it a 6.5.

Were you burnt on the book or something? I feel for you brother frown.gif

When putting scans that don't show the defects you should always list them or else you'll get those kind of grades. If it's one of your books and not a recent purchase and you are looking to sell at FN prices then i would be all over it! (i think).

Were you burnt on the book or something? I feel for you brother frown.gif

When putting scans that don't show the defects you should always list them or else you'll get those kind of grades. If it's one of your books and not a recent purchase and you are looking to sell at FN prices then i would be all over it! (i think).

Nah, I've had this book for awhile. It was my keeper for a long time until I upgraded 2 or 3 years ago. This is officially my under copy and it IS available along with some others I'll be making available at some point in the next month.

Its sad, the book obviously presents well outside the bag, but once its in hand and you can notice the relative beating the covers have taken (non-color breaking impressions), it makes one cry with sadness. Its a solid 8.0/8.5 if you just never take it out!

I dont' see how anyone could call this a 9.0!

My gut was 7.0. I'll stick with that.

Its funny that you posted that now. I just read your grading of my CAP 101 which I thought was in better shape than this book which was getting very high grades. I'm not sure if I agree with you but your consistency is right on. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You should have sent that book to Nelson during his free pressing experiment/display.

Yeah, I'm kinda wishing I had known about that experiment. I don't visit that forum very often.

I wonder, what are the costs associated with a press & sub sorta transaction? I think maybe if the book could be pressed into an 8.0 it might be worth it, but my guess is its "highest potential" is probably a 7.5. Its still got that crease on the LRC, and its still got that rip on the upper back cover, and its still got a little damage minor creasing on the URC. 6.5 to 7.5 on this book is only barely worth the process I'm guessing.