• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Under-Achieving Character of the Bronze Age

113 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember DC's Arak-Son of Thunder? I remember him as being a Native American who was the son of Thor and lived in medieval Europe. Pretty original idea and very cool stories from what I can remember. Makes me want to track down those issues. Does anyone remember how many issues were in his series? I think he was introduced in Warlord.

Does anyone remember DC's Arak-Son of Thunder? I remember him as being a Native American who was the son of Thor and lived in medieval Europe. Pretty original idea and very cool stories from what I can remember. Makes me want to track down those issues. Does anyone remember how many issues were in his series? I think he was introduced in Warlord.

I think he was introduced in a supplementary feature in Warlord #48. I also bought the first few issues of the regular series, but I don't recall how long it lasted.

A Ditko Charlton character. I only know this because I had at one time a whole bunch of Charlton reprints under the Modern imprint. Of course I got rid of them all and now wish I didn't....

He was a back-up feature in Blue Beetle (1967 series). All I remember is he was a sort of Green Hornet with no Kato and a mask that made him appear faceless.

The Question was really Silver Age, though. After the Blue Beetle appearances and the Mysterious Suspense one-shot, I don't think he returned in a non-reprint fashion until DC published a new series in the 80's. It was after the Crisis, so is that late Bronze Age? or Modern? Or........this makes my head hurt.

Anyway, the Question was a cool under-achiever but I'm not sure he qualifies as a Bronze Age character. I hope I don't sound like an annoying know-it-all.

Rocket Racer leaps to mind.

And to a lesser extent the villain that my screen name comes from, Arcade.

He is my favorite villain of all time and never got the respect he deserved.

Maybe it was the dumb bow tie and Elton John wardrobe they gave him.

But to me the coolest thing ever was Spiderman in a giant pinball machine of death.

Whats not to like?

I read every comic he has been the villain in.

Rocket Racer leaps to mind.

And to a lesser extent the villain that my screen name comes from, Arcade.

He is my favorite villain of all time and never got the respect he deserved.

Maybe it was the dumb bow tie and Elton John wardrobe they gave him.

But to me the coolest thing ever was Spiderman in a giant pinball machine of death.

Whats not to like?

I read every comic he has been the villain in.

Yeah, I loved that giant pinball machine death trap too. But yes, that tie had to go.