• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crisis On Infinite Message Boards
6 6

1,204 posts in this topic

"Well..." Mylite glances at the place where the Solar Powers fell through, then looks back at the agents. He shrugs and leads the two men away. "Funny story, actually. I saw the 100 pager on ebay, but I was afraid there might be some shilling, so I--"

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, guys! I wasn't actually upset about the star thing. I just felt like writing another story part. I am, as always, grateful that you guys are still reading! There'll be more to come, I promise.

-- Joanna

Thanks, guys! I wasn't actually upset about the star thing. I just felt like writing another story part. I am, as always, grateful that you guys are still reading! There'll be more to come, I promise.

-- Joanna

You better! Or we're sending greggy over to give you a foot massage... stooges.gif

-- Joanna

You better! Or we're sending greggy over to give you a foot massage... stooges.gif

Now that's just... just... holy cow, maybe I should get writing! Nothing against greggy, I just have sore feet today. Don't want anyone touchin' 'em. Grr.

Perhaps we should find out what other mayhem is taking place in the time stream.

-- Joanna

Issue 11, Part 9: The Missing Links:

Appearing in this issue:

Flying Donut (Flying Donut) Flight

Lighthouse (Lighthouse) eye beams

Spelling Bee (PovertyRow) flight, stinger

Raspberry Toaster Pastry (Darthdeisel) flight, goo

Emoticon (BachelorOfComix) can be any emoticon

Twinkie (Hogations) goo

Snowball (The Beyonder) goo

Ding Dong (Aman) goo

Ho Ho (Ninanina) goo

Fruit Pie (JLA All the Way) goo

Cupcake (Doyle) goo

Susie Q (Andrew Knight) goo

Flame War (Fantastic Four) Flame power

Damp Dude (Elvis) Aqua powers

Week Guy (NewtSamson) Lord of Time Stream

Month Guy (Johnny Double) Lord of Time Stream

Issue 11, Part 9: The Missing Links:

"Oh-oh," says Jonny. "Although that first sick guy appears to have recovered, now there's another sick guy! We'd better stick to our plan of letting everyone go through to the beginning of time."

"I agree. Let's go tell them."

As the agents approach, the Hostess Hoard rush at them in a cloud of goo. Immediately, everyone gets bogged down.

"Tunnel underneath!" shouts Twinkie.

As one, they dive to the bottom of the goo, ready to tunnel their way through . Unfortunately, the skin of the time stream gives way and they are hurled through a large hole. The hole heals itself behind them as soon as all of the Hoard members are through it.

"What's happening?" asks Donut, still pretending to be ill, but doing a very poor job of it.

"The Hostess Hoard rushed the agents, and got stuck in their own goo."

"Get Neptune to wash it away with his water powers.

"Neptune is gone. Went through the hole, remember?"

"Right. Anyone else with water-based powers?"

"Damp Dude! Get over here."

Damp Dude joins the members of the JBH. "What's up?"

"Use your aqua powers to wash away that goo, please."

"I, um, swim and stuff. I don't have water jets or anything."

"Ooookay. If we need any swimming we'll let you know."

Damp Dude walks away, wishing there was at least one body of water in the story.

"We need this cleaned up. Who has powers that can help us clean up the mess?" says Bee.

"I can burn it up!" volunteers Pyro.

"Me too!" says Flame War.

"That would probably kill the Hoard in the process. We need non-lethal powers."

"Allow me!" says Emoticon. He turns into a smiley with a fire hose and sprays away the goo. The Hoard is nowhere to be seen.

"Uh-oh. That's not good," says Donut.

"I'm thinking 'fell through a hole in the time stream'. What do you think?"

"Good guess." He glances up and sees the agents heading their way. "Agents are still here. Unleash the Hero Squadron!"

Meanwhile

"Where are we?" asks Ho Ho.

"Judging by the terrain, flora and fauna, I'd say we're in the ice age," says Cupcake.

"How do you know that? The internet?"

"Discovery Channel. Look, you can see a glacier in the distance. And those specks are woolly mammoths. And those slope-browed guys pointing spears at us are Neanderthals."

"Oh geez," says Ding Dong.

"Aloha! We come in peace! Take us to your leader," says Twinkie, his hands up. He smiles broadly to show his friendly nature, but the Neanderthals grunt and raise their spears.

"Aloha? We're not in frickin' Hawaii!" says Susie Q.

"Ungh, hukka drik doo," says Snowball.

"What the hell is that?" asks Fruit Pie.

"Just trying to speak their language."

"You don't know their language! You could've just said 'I am tastiest with a side of thistles' for all you know!"

"Neanderthals weren't cannibals," says Cupcake. "At least, not on the show I saw."

"Are you talking about the one where they traced that small band of Neanderthals -- the one where the leader got killed, and the chick got pregnant? Or are you thinking of the NOVA episode on PBS?" asks Snowball.

"The 2 hour Discovery Channel show. I never watch PBS because I feel too guilty about watching for free."

"So donate a couple of bucks, ya tightwad."

"Not guilty enough to actually give money."

"Would you insufficiently_thoughtful_persons just shut up!" shouts Twinkie. "We are in a major crisis here!"

"As is your local PBS station if no one pledges," says Snowball.

"Grak!" says one of the Neanderthals.

"Grak to you, too!" answers Snowball.

"Shut up!" shouts the rest of the Hoard.

"Sha ah?" says the Neanderthals, shocked.

The other Neanderthal nods angrily. They both run toward the Hoard screaming, swords raised.

"Goo!" shouts Twinkie. But before the Hoard can react with a wall of goo, the Neanderthals stop, surprised expressions on their faces.

"Goo?" says Neanderthal #1.

"Goo..." says #2.

"Goo!" they say in unison, smiling and shouldering their spears.

"Goo," says Twinkie, smiling in return.

"I wonder who writes their dialogue?" whispers Fruit Pie.

"Shut up, Fruit Pie," whispers Twinkie.

"Sha ah!" screams #1, raising his weapon again.

"Goo! Googoogoogoogoogoogoogoo!" responds Twinkie.

Although not quite sure, #1 relaxes a bit. "Okay," he says.

"Wow, The Discovery Channel didn't mention that 'okay' has been around this long. Wonder if it means the same thing in Neanderthal as it means in English?"

"Better yet -- I wonder what 'goo' means..." mumbles Ho Ho.

Meanwhile

"Well, we've lost the Hero Squadron," says House.

"And the N'Superables," adds Raspberry Toaster Pastry.

"Perhaps we should stop rushing the agents with powers blazing?" says Bee.

"So what should we do?" asks Donut.

"I'm not sure. I'm just not as sold on the rushing with powers things as I was before we lost the bulk of our force."

"Is there a Plan C?" House looks around, but everyone diverts his face. "Anyone? No one? Plan D? E? How about one doomed to fail? At least it would be something."

"Well... one of you could pretend to be sick, and..."

To be continued...

How about including ablue as the forum insufficiently_thoughtful_person? He will be the only person playing himself for real! tonofbricks.gif

After the tongue-lashing he gave you the other day ( smirk.gif), I think you'd better let sleeping dogs lie. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris

How about including ablue as the forum insufficiently_thoughtful_person? He will be the only person playing himself for real! tonofbricks.gif

After the tongue-lashing he gave you the other day ( smirk.gif), I think you'd better let sleeping dogs lie. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris

27_laughing.gifhi.gif

Wrote this last night. Enjoy.

Issue 11, Part 10: Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Appearing in this issue:

Emoticon (BachelorOfComix) can be any emoticon

Rerun (Araich) TV in belly

Alias (Bonds) can split into 12

Mylite (greggy) slabbed, irresistible

Issue 11, Part 10: Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

"Where the hell are we?" asks Rerun.

The N'Superables are standing on a littered sidewalk next to a newsstand in the middle of a large city. Gigantic, bulky cars honk and mingle in traffic, while well-dressed men and women pass them by with only a glance of curiosity.

"Looks like Chicago," says Emoticon.

While the others search the skyline for familiar buildings, Alias walks to the newsstand and picks up a paper. "1938. We're in the Great Depression."

"No one looks depressed," says Mylite. "Don't know why I always thought they would."

"I think we lucked out," says Rerun. "If we'd landed here in 1929 we probably would've stumbled into the St. Valentine's Day massacre, knowing our luck."

"It doesn't feel like February," says Mylite. "More like April or May."

"Good point. Nice spring day in the windy city. Man, I bet stuff is really cheap in 1938. Anyone have any money?"

They all check their pockets. "I have a VISA card," says Emoticon.

"Just my ATM card," says Alias.

"Same here," says Mylite.

"We're screwed."

"We shouldn't bring anything out of this time period," says Alias. "It could upset the space-time continuum. Be very careful about everything you do, say or touch, because we have no idea what might impact the future."

"You're thinking of that Star Trek episode where Capt. Kirk has to let Joan Collins die, aren't you?"

"That's right, Mylite. If we've learned nothing from television, movies and comic books, we've learned never to mess with the past."

"So what do we do?"

"We need to find a portal, so that we can get back into the time stream."

"There's a public library just down the street. We could do some research -- see if there's a record of someplace with strange happenings and disturbances like round holes that are swirly," says Emoticon.

"Excellent plan. Remember -- do not do anything to upset the space-time continuum!"

"Yeah, yeah, lay off the lectures, Alias. Let's go."

The owner of the newsstand, watches them leave, scratching his head.

"Who're the oddballs?" asks a customer.

"Dunno. They sure were dressed weird, though. Did you see the shorts on that plastic guy?"

"Er... yeah, the shorts. Not the fact that he was encased in plastic, or that one of them had some sort of moving picture in his stomach, or the other was a large, yellow smiling face. It was the short pants that you found odd."

"It's too cold for shorts." Joe turned back to opening the boxes of new magazines. "Speaking of weird, seems to be a day for it. The guy on this magazine wears his underwear on the outside!"

The customer glances at the box full of pristine copies of Action Comics #1, fresh off the press. "What's the world coming to? It's very depressing."

"I know. Depressing times. So, you want one of these?" he asks, picking up the comic with fingers covered in transferred newsprint. He cracks it open, rolling the cover to the back to show the splash page.

"No, I'm visiting some friends. Can't fit another thing in my suitcase."

"Where you from?"

"Denver."

"Well, if you change your mind, or need something to read on the train, I have a bunch of them, Mr., er..."

"Church. Edgar Church. And I might change my mind. I'm an artist and the drawings look crude but interesting."

"Have a good time in Chicago, Mr. Church. And steer clear of the weirdos!"

"Will do."

To be continued...

"Where you from?"

"Denver."

"Well, if you change your mind, or need something to read on the train, I have a bunch of them, Mr., er..."

"Church. Edgar Church. And I might change my mind. I'm an artist and the drawings look crude but interesting."

"Have a good time in Chicago, Mr. Church. And steer clear of the weirdos!"

"Will do."

893naughty-thumb.gif