• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Nerfherder-3

34 posts in this topic

Thanks man.

unlike others that wait awhile before chiming in - I want to take this opportunity

to do something a little different...

28 years ago I had one of the coolest B days ever...

Eventhough it was a strange one because I shared my special day on that Saturday

many moons ago with my Dad's 2nd Marrage to his new wife.

But before the wedding I got my Fav gift ever. My birthday cake was covered with

all 12 of the new Star Wars figures of the 70's. These figures were well loved and compelled me

to buy mostly all of them (the vintage ones that is) most are stuffed in this retro "Vader" case.

It is kind of crazy but on the bottom of feet of Star Wars figures are tiny holes to help stand

them up on play sets that have matching pegs - some of holes are still stained with the blue

icing from that cake they first resided on.

swfigs.jpg

to help me celebrate my 37th feel free to post about your fav event,

comic, toy or whatever that made your big day something to remember!

(even if there was something strange like yer dad getting married to your

new stepmother on it)

smirk.gif

Thanks man.

unlike others that wait awhile before chiming in - I want to take this opportunity

to do something a little different...

28 years ago I had one of the coolest B days ever...

Eventhough it was a strange one because I shared my special day on that Saturday

many moons ago with my Dad's 2nd Marrage with his new wife.

But before the wedding I got my Fav gift ever my birthday cake was covered with

all 12 of the new Star Wars figures of the 70's. These figures were well loved and compelled me

to buy mostly all of them (the vintage ones that is) most are stuffed in this retro "Vader" case.

It is kind of crazy but on the bottom of feet of Star Wars figures are tiny holes to help stand them up on play sets that have matching pegs - some of holes are still stained with the blue icing from that cake they first resided on.

swfigs.jpg

to help me celebrate my 37th feel free to post your fav retro or current gift

comic, toy, or whatever that made your big day the best!

(even if there was something strange like yer dad getting married to your

new stepmother on it)

thumbsup2.gif

Happy birthday.......looks like they are well cared for.

These are from a few years before your time. I've got all the crew too, just missing the Romulan from when I was a kid. My kids play with them when we go in the comic room these days. I loved these guys, beat them up, took them on road trips, etc. It's a testament to my packratism that I still have them. I've got the starship also. That's about the extent of my megos...I've got 1970's gi joe, a few other mego's like planet of the apes and evil knievel, and then the Johnny west guys. That's the extend of my "dollies".

1358483-megomaddness.JPG

1358483-megomaddness.JPG.14d80ef65d7684ae0e5aed1b8a1ed4be.JPG

happy birthday! may your Pirates beat every team they play this year, with the exception of their last regular season game... thumbsup2.gif

Happy Birthday Sir!! Hope it is a very nice one for you. Great SW figures by the way. The ones I have stay in rubbermaid totes in the attic as my wife won't let them come into the main part of the house like my comics. Looking to expand your collection by any chance? I have about 150-175 carded that I might part with. (All new series, but all different figures) Shoot me a pm of your address and I will send you one as a birthday present from a fellow NC native. wink.gif

Scott