• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2023 at 8:35 PM, CONathan said:

In great company finally, I am working on run 100-200 CGC 9.8 White pagers, Hard to find some.  Does anyone know if CGC shows how many of a certain Grade is white vs OW etc?

They do not, as far as I know.  I'm on a similar quest ... I decided to stay at 9.6 WP for #101-150, but I am one book away from completing #151-400 in 9.8 WP.  It's surprising how tough come of these books are, given we're talking about one of the most collected titles there is, if not the most.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:44 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

They do not, as far as I know.  I'm on a similar quest ... I decided to stay at 9.6 WP for #101-150, but I am one book away from completing #151-400 in 9.8 WP.  It's surprising how tough come of these books are, given we're talking about one of the most collected titles there is, if not the most.

WoW.  Ok, that's just awesome.  Well done sir!  I'm dying to know what issue is the elusive one, but feel free to keep it a secret.  I'm sure not your competition! 

I've been thinking of selling off some of my Spidey dupes and trying to get some Hobgoblin covers in high grade, just not sure how "high" to go.  You make it seem pretty possible to shoot for the moon!  

On 10/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, pmpknface said:

WoW.  Ok, that's just awesome.  Well done sir!  I'm dying to know what issue is the elusive one, but feel free to keep it a secret.  I'm sure not your competition! 

I've been thinking of selling off some of my Spidey dupes and trying to get some Hobgoblin covers in high grade, just not sure how "high" to go.  You make it seem pretty possible to shoot for the moon!  

Thank you!

I have a public WTB thread on this forum, so there are no secrets here!  I'm happy to share that my 9.8 Spidey list is down to just issue #160, which I have in 9.6 WP.  I am also interested in finding better 9.8 WP copies of #154 (since my copy, while very nice, has a date stamp and I do not like those) and #165 (my copy has a bit of a miswrap, though it seems most copies do).

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 10/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thank you!

I have a public WTB thread on this forum, so there are no secrets here!  I'm happy to share that my 9.8 Spidey list is down to just issue #160, which I have in 9.6 WP.  I am also interested in finding better 9.8 WP copies of #154 (since my copy, while very nice, has a date stamp and I do not like those) and #165 (my copy has a bit of a miswrap, though it seems most copies do).

That darn Spider-Mobile!  Good luck!  (thumbsu

On 10/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, pmpknface said:

I also bought my 32 slabbed, so it jumps up to there.  I may eventually do the whole Ditko run and through 42 then to 50.  Until then my wife gave me a #40 (my favorite cover) in 8.5, but I still l had my raw copy and sent it in.  Not bad, although I thought it was a tad higher:

CGC4331821-003_OBV@500x795.jpg

#40 was the first Silver Age book I ever bought. :cloud9: