• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,453 posts in this topic

I’m boing to have to pick up a copy. Although I foster no ill will against it, I had skipped it. I want to avoid a jump in prices and buy one while its still a bogan! I could find enough in change down under my couch cushions. Or maybe my wife’s perth.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:25 PM, KirbyJack said:

Prices may be down now, but the Kangaroo appearances are going to bounce back!

The introduction of the Kangaroo caused me to quit collecting Spidey when I was 11 years old. I returned to the title in the early 90’s.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:04 PM, JohnH19 said:

The introduction of the Kangaroo caused me to quit collecting Spidey when I was 11 years old. I returned to the title in the early 90’s.

You missed way worse.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:03 PM, pmpknface said:

Thanks.  I don't know if I'll go that far, but I'd like to!  ;)  I do want the Ditko run slabbed, but beyond that it'll likely be keys, like the 50 and 101.  I may also end up upgrading issues too.  When I was getting my run 30 years ago I could not find a decent 31, so I ended up with the copy above, which is ok but not ideal.  I'll see what it comes back as and go from there.  

Speaking of upgrading, Out with the old and in with the new!  Sold my ASM #7 6.0 trimmed and picked up this 4.0 that arrived today!  

ASM_7.jpg

ASM_7_4.0a.jpg

I think you got a fair deal trading the trimmed 6.0 for a blue 4.0

an the 4.0 looks better👍‼️

On 2/4/2024 at 11:14 AM, KirbyJack said:

I’m boing to have to pick up a copy. Although I foster no ill will against it, I had skipped it. I want to avoid a jump in prices and buy one while its still a bogan! I could find enough in change down under my couch cushions. Or maybe my wife’s perth.

It's the first appearance of the romping Kangaroo, how could you go wrong!

On 2/5/2024 at 5:41 PM, FoggyNelson said:

I think you got a fair deal trading the trimmed 6.0 for a blue 4.0

an the 4.0 looks better👍‼️

Thanks!  The 6.0 was sharp, but it was tanned on the right.  I'll take a blue label any day!  Also, to be clear it wasn't a swap.  I sold my 6.0 and another book and then picked up the 4.0 from a boardie.  However, it was about a $50 difference from the sale thrown in to purchase the upgrade.  I think it worked out in my favor!  

So for my graded run so far (1-23, and a handful more) only 1 (3.0) and 14 (3.5) are below a 4.  As I get my books graded I want 4.0 to be as low as I get.  I'm a bit worried about that #31, but I'll find a new one if / when the time comes.