• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Got the book from John R (TempusFugitivus) today...except for the abrasion/color loss at top spine corner this book is easily a 9.2...borderline 9.4! :headbang:

The only other visible wear on the book is a couple of teeny specs of color loss at bottom spine corner and edge at the red arrow...perfect spine...perfect registration with perfectly centered staples...and white back cover and WHITE pages! :cloud9:

THX AGAIN John!

SPIDERMAN14CGC90W.jpg

ASM14FC.jpg

ASM14BC.jpg

Little late here Tom, but congrats! Beautiful copy.

John really knows how to pick out a beautiful book.

THX Andrew and Jeff! Definitely one of my favorites in my collection...was just looking at oggling this one last night in hand... :cloud9:

First and only ASM 9.8 on Pedigree Grand Auction! :o

Wonder what this one will fetch??!! :headbang:

I guess this is a new Bogata (New Jersey) Collection...is it a certified Pedigree Collection? Anyone know anything else of the collection? And while we're on the topic, who ultimately determines a collection to be a bona-fide Pedigree?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=32417

Description from the Auction:

BEST EXISTING COPY! World's first and only NM/M example. It has taken over 10 years, but finally there is a 9.8 of this all-time classic Amazing Spider-Man issue. You just couldn't imagine a nicer comic book than this mid-1966 blazer. It was purchased by the original owner off of a newsstand in Bogota, New Jersey, carefully stored for the past 45 years and then just recently given to Pedigree Comics, Inc. to have CGC certified. The book is PERFECT!! Just check out the top and bottom of the spine, the other 2 corners, the spine and the edges. Plus, it is exactly centered with exact staple placement. Features the origin of the Green goblin in a fantastic Stan Lee story with a masterpiece cover by John Romita and Mike Esposito.

asm40ga9.jpg

I can see this book hitting 40-50K.

$30k hammer

Got the book from John R (TempusFugitivus) today...except for the abrasion/color loss at top spine corner this book is easily a 9.2...borderline 9.4! :headbang:

The only other visible wear on the book is a couple of teeny specs of color loss at bottom spine corner and edge at the red arrow...perfect spine...perfect registration with perfectly centered staples...and white back cover and WHITE pages! :cloud9:

THX AGAIN John!

SPIDERMAN14CGC90W.jpg

ASM14FC.jpg

ASM14BC.jpg

John really knows how to pick out a beautiful book.

THX Andrew and Jeff! Definitely one of my favorites in my collection...was just looking at oggling this one last night in hand... :cloud9:

Damn! I want this book badly. Bad enough to make a stupid, wild, and crazy offer !

Well, I bought the Marvel Masterworks that collects ASM 11-19--does that count? :shrug:

lol

Currently working on a submission towards a collection of critical essays on Spider-Man and didn't want to use my first printings for research--and $10 isn't a bad deal either :grin:

THX AGAIN John!

SPIDERMAN14CGC90W.jpg

ASM14FC.jpg

ASM14BC.jpg

:o:o(worship)(worship)

huhqmq.jpg

Took it out of the case. It presents well, but has a large spine split

I'll upgrade to maybe a 3.0 in a few years when I can afford it.

Nice book Bill!! looks a lot like my 3.0 CR/OW. Staples are well centered like mine. I hear that is kinda rare on ASM 1s.

It's a nice collection, but there are a lot of significant holes in the run.

That being said, if trying to calculate how much this would cost to put together individually, you have to factor in shipping, insurance, etc... on each book.

Without actually taking the time to do the math, I'm not sure that the collection itself is worth 85K, but I wouldn't be surprised if the seller spent close to that amount to get these books individually. I also wouldn't be surprised to see it sell.

Spidey 2-399 up on FleeceBay for a cool $85K... :whistle:

Haven't done the math to see if this is worth it but it does have a nice #14 CGC 9.4! (worship)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-CGC-Collection-2-399-most-9-2-9-8-/120622128383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15a39cff

I did the math (thank goodness for boring conference calls where you have nothing to contribute). Guess what? :idea: It adds up to about 83K just for the ASMs. I didn't even bother with the other ones, but they might make up the remaining 2K of the asking price. Me thinks he's going to have a hard time selling them in a bundle like this.

Who is that... reminds me of Gwen?

Naomi Watts.

Thanks, she pops up in commercials once in a while, beautiful.

I liked that ASM collection from seeing it in the registry many times, it's the #1 in the variants collection, eman31. Hopefully he will give us a shot at some of them outside of the whole set. I'll take the #14.

Spidey 2-399 up on FleeceBay for a cool $85K... :whistle:

Haven't done the math to see if this is worth it but it does have a nice #14 CGC 9.4! (worship)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-CGC-Collection-2-399-most-9-2-9-8-/120622128383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15a39cff

I did the math (thank goodness for boring conference calls where you have nothing to contribute). Guess what? :idea: It adds up to about 83K just for the ASMs. I didn't even bother with the other ones, but they might make up the remaining 2K of the asking price. Me thinks he's going to have a hard time selling them in a bundle like this.

Then it would actually be a good buy for a collector starting from scratch, who wants to assemble a run that they're willing to hold onto for a while.