• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,469 posts in this topic

Here's an updated list of the toughest ASM in CGC HG...9.0 to 9.8...I've created two lists...the Ditko years 1-38...and the traditional 1-100 run...

Oh that 11 is killer-tough! :insane:

ASM_1-38.jpg

1-100...

ASM_1-100_A.jpg

ASM_1-100_B.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

Nice work, Tom.

I'm familiar with three of the 9.6 #1s, but I didn't realize another copy surfaced. Anybody know anything about it?

I know #23 has always been a tough book. But with a white cover, I'm surprised it's tougher than #17.

I think there's a goof with ASM #3. It didn't look right with just one 9.4. Just checked and there are 8. And same thing with #38. There are 45 9.4s.

Nice work, Tom.

I'm familiar with three of the 9.6 #1s, but I didn't realize another copy surfaced. Anybody know anything about it?

I know #23 has always been a tough book. But with a white cover, I'm surprised it's tougher than #17.

I think there's a goof with ASM #3. It didn't look right with just one 9.4. Just checked and there are 8. And same thing with #38. There are 45 9.4s.

Oh G_T...always the problem with these lists...human error both in the recording and the transfering of data... :frustrated:doh!:tonofbricks:

but I would still put forth these lists are 99% accurate... :wishluck:

Absolutely correct on the #3 with (8) 9.4s...thus this total for the grade-run is 59 books...and correct as well on the #38 with amended total books 167...

38 should read 3/13/45/48/68...that should've raised a red-flag for me...must've been a little bleary when I posted that one...I'll d-chk all and repost any errors...

THX! Appreciate the interest and the corrections... (thumbs u

Edited by trmoore54

I enjoyed your previous Spidey list. Not surprising that most of the first ten Spidey's are hard to find in 9.0+. If AF15 were added to the list, there would only 16 copies on 9.0+ :o Great efforts tmoore. Very informative and useful for the Spidey enthusiasts.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Nice work, Tom.

Oh G_T...always the problem with these lists...human error both in the recording and the transfering of data... :frustrated:doh!:tonofbricks:

but I would still put forth these lists are 99% accurate... :wishluck:

Absolutely correct on the #3 with (8) 9.4s...thus this total for the grade-run is 59 books...and correct as well on the #38 with amended total books 167...

38 should read 3/13/45/48/68...that should've raised a red-flag for me...must've been a little bleary when I posted that one...I'll d-chk all and repost any errors...

THX! Appreciate the interest and the corrections... (thumbs u

I had to fix the #37 as well...so I'll repost the amended sheets as soon as possible...

And anyone who wants the actual excel spreadsheets so they can update in the future just PM me your email and I'll send them to you... (thumbs u

I had to fix the #37 as well...so I'll repost the amended sheets as soon as possible...

#37 is a strange one. For the longest time, there was only one 9.6 copy. And when the next two surfaced, they went for some outrageous prices. Like $13k and $21k kind of outrageous. Then about 5 or 6 more were slabbed and the prices fell back to earth. Now the numbers and prices are pretty similar to other Spideys in the 30s. But you probably know all this already...

Thanks for the lists again Tom, it's always fun to look through them.

ASM 37 is tough like many are, for reasons beyond the census figures. Lots of issues have odd printing anomalies or characteristics of the cover designs. That #37 has the odd three yellow marks or parts of the cover banner, off to the left edge. Depending on how the cover is wrapped, those yellow "marks" usually look like white spine ticks or out of place affects. So it's tough to find those that look the best, in any given grade.

It's funny...ya look at these covers all your life and then start to trip on interesting aspects and nuances of the cover compositions...in this case where the comic price and the issue number reside...factoids as follows...

The issue number largely held the same place on the cover in the upper right from issue 1-33...except for issue 10 where it cruised over to below the logo on the left hand side...most likely due to the Spidey art and his right hand extending up into this area...then for some inexplicable reason the issue # starts cruising all over the place... :o

# 34 to the left below the logo

# 35 to the left straddling the logo

# 36 floating at the right to the southwest of the price box

# 37 to the left again...in this case kindof cool almost perfectly aligned with the price box to the right

# 38 a one-off if you will...both to the right, but issue # on top, price box on bottom stacked

#39 issue # back to the right but price box floating to the center-left

#40 issue # to the right...price box centered back under the logo ready to bust on in...

#41 price box now back and integrated into the logo along with the issue #

from there out as far as I can remember...

Back to the price box...after Ish #1 (no logo) was consistently in the logo from issues 2 through 33 and then for some inexplicable reason jumped out of the logo box and became a one-off with a sort-of squished 12c box...

There it is...

t