• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

Did you see the ASM#5 9.8 on Doug Schmell's Pedigree Auction ?

Bidding got up to $90K ! .... but reserve was not met !

Now, that is just getting greedy and absurd... I would have taken about $85K and ran....

I guess the seller is holding out because as of now, it's the only 9.8.... but there's always

the risk that the minute a second 9.8 comes onto the census, the value (potential) of the original plummets. A solo chart topper doesn't last as long as it used to, especially now with the combination of miracles in pressing and inconsistent grading by CGC!!!

An ASM#35 9.8 surfaced last year as a solo chart topper in the spring, went for about $30K, but then a second 9.8 appeared a few months later. Don't think you can get that $30K on the first one again !?.

The market has become a gamble in these instances as some high-end spenders want to be the elite collector with the only copy, but it's become only temporary on many books. The AF#15 9.6 went through the same cycle - there's two now.

I think that that price would have represented a loss for the seller, especially after the juice was taken into account. If you paid a certain price and are convinced it is worth more you're not likely to sell below your price. I tried to find the old result but came up empty. Does anyone recall what it sold for on Clink fairly recently?

They may have done better with it on Heritage or back on Clink instead of Pedigree. Just sayin.

I'll stay happy with my 9.0 in the $3-3.5K range... :cool:

I would be too! I'm hoping to get into a 6.0 range copy in the near future.

looks 9.0/9.2 by your scan.

Could be, Seller had it listed as F to VF. So I figured I would be lucky to get a VF copy.

Except for that ULC it looks like a really sweet copy. :applause:

Forgive my new-ness, but what is a ULC ? By the way thanks for the FF #48 Shark, it arrived today in great shape.

looks 9.0/9.2 by your scan.

Could be, Seller had it listed as F to VF. So I figured I would be lucky to get a VF copy.

Except for that ULC it looks like a really sweet copy. :applause:

Forgive my new-ness, but what is a ULC ? By the way thanks for the FF #48 Shark, it arrived today in great shape.

ULC = upper left corner

And you're welcome. :)

Got this one today from an E-bay seller who may have actually under graded it. This is one glossy book !

Amazing_Spiderman61656.jpg

Nice copy! :applause: What did they grade it at and what do you grade it?

Yellow covers are always hard to see defects,though it looks pretty sweet. (thumbs u

Got this one today from an E-bay seller who may have actually under graded it. This is one glossy book !

Amazing_Spiderman61656.jpg

Nice copy! :applause: What did they grade it at and what do you grade it?

They graded F to VF-

I would say 8.5 at the lowest, 9.2 at the most.