• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

My two latest additions...replaced my old 18 9.2 with a PQ upgrade and my old copy's FC colors were a little washed out...colors very nice on this one... :cloud9:

SPIDERMAN18CGC92OWW.jpg

SPIDERMAN34CGC90OWW.jpg

Nice 18 no idea why, but i love that cover

#18 has long been one of my favorite early issues... the one where Spidey tries to avoid fights and doesn't appear in costume until the very end, when Aunt May (!!) finally inspires him to get back to work and kick azz at the end. A story that maybe isn't everyone's cup of tea, but great fun & really drives home what makes his character quite unique.

Figured I'd do a group shot of all my 2011 purchases.

ebay11511080.jpg

ebay11511082.jpg

Though my biggest purchase was the mid grade avengers this year. Hopefully 2012 I can knock out that 8 9 10 17 18 in 7.0 and upgrade my 11 14.

All great colorful books! :cloud9::takeit:

Finally got my 1, 2, 3 and others for the run. Really need a nice #5 but will might have to wait to save up....Thanks to Tortoise for the 10, 27 and 41!

ASM1CGC55OW0001.jpg

Bruno,

this ugly book just doesn't fit in with all of the other high grade beauties. You should get rid of it. I can help. I know a guy who could take this off your hands cheap. Help me help you.

AMS%2B1.jpg

Almost lost it when I recieved this in the mail today. Granted, it's not the original, but I'll never be able to own an original copy of this issue in the type of condition that this is in - so this is good enough for me!

I'll never forget the feeling I had when I first saw this is in my own hands. I've wanted this issue since I was like 5 years old (I'm 27).

Happy Collecting :)

Sam

If you live in southern Ontario, please be advised that L.A. Mood in London has recently purchased a complete run of ASM. I just picked up issue 42 in vf condition. They have a low grade number 1 for $800. The Steve Ditko issues looked to be in low to mid condition. Later silver and early bronze are vf/nm.

AMS%2B1.jpg

Almost lost it when I recieved this in the mail today. Granted, it's not the original, but I'll never be able to own an original copy of this issue in the type of condition that this is in - so this is good enough for me!

I'll never forget the feeling I had when I first saw this is in my own hands. I've wanted this issue since I was like 5 years old (I'm 27).

Happy Collecting :)

Sam

that's a real sharp looking copy, here is mine...

kodak110309009.jpg

Did you see the ASM#5 9.8 on Doug Schmell's Pedigree Auction ?

Bidding got up to $90K ! .... but reserve was not met !

Now, that is just getting greedy and absurd... I would have taken about $85K and ran....

I guess the seller is holding out because as of now, it's the only 9.8.... but there's always

the risk that the minute a second 9.8 comes onto the census, the value (potential) of the original plummets. A solo chart topper doesn't last as long as it used to, especially now with the combination of miracles in pressing and inconsistent grading by CGC!!!

An ASM#35 9.8 surfaced last year as a solo chart topper in the spring, went for about $30K, but then a second 9.8 appeared a few months later. Don't think you can get that $30K on the first one again !?.

The market has become a gamble in these instances as some high-end spenders want to be the elite collector with the only copy, but it's become only temporary on many books. The AF#15 9.6 went through the same cycle - there's two now.