• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

Figured I would put it here as well...

Placed orders for the following:

Amazing Spider-man 24 - 9.0

Amazing Spider-man 32 - 8.0

Amazing Spider-man 40 - 8.0

Amazing Spider-man Annual 2 - 7.5

Amazing Spider-man Annual 6 - 9.0

And upgraded my ASM 39 7.0 to this in an unexpected win.

Only one more book to go (Amazing Spider-man Annual 1) I have quite a few eBay dollars to spend so I will look into that in a week or two.

lf.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

asm27.jpg

Very sharp Jason, I like it.

Thank you!

Little bit of a dust shadow on the bc from the HA scan but it went pretty cheap and i've been wanting a nice 27 for awhile so im definitely stoked! :banana:

Only one more book to go (Amazing Spider-man Annual 1) I have quite a few eBay dollars to spend so I will look into that in a week or two.

lf.jpg

:applause: Was watching that one on HA last nite...niiize! :headbang:

lf.jpg

+1

HA had some nice spiders in the 9.0-9.4 range last night that all seemed to go pretty cheap. I would have loved to grab 2-3 more but just have too much going on this month to be grabbing a bunch of Spideys :sorry:

lf.jpg

+1

HA had some nice spiders in the 9.0-9.4 range last night that all seemed to go pretty cheap. I would have loved to grab 2-3 more but just have too much going on this month to be grabbing a bunch of Spideys :sorry:

Thanks... Heritage is more miss than hit for me as they charge tax on order going into NY. WIth buyers premiums combined with tax it is hard to get anything even on average price. Most of my winnings come from eBay, CLink and the boards. Sometimes this even affects my buying through Metropolis. Why pay more?

lf.jpg

+1

Thanks... Heritage is more miss than hit for me as they charge tax on order going into NY. WIth buyers premiums combined with tax it is hard to get anything even on average price. Most of my winnings come from eBay, CLink and the boards. Sometimes this even affects my buying through Metropolis. Why pay more?

+1

It REALLY sucks when you just happen to be one of the unlucky putzes that lives in the home state of whatever auction house and get banged out for the sales tax :frustrated:

lf.jpg

+1

+1

It REALLY sucks when you just happen to be one of the unlucky putzes that lives in the home state of whatever auction house and get banged out for the sales tax :frustrated:

Yep, living in Texas and bidding through Heritage means their buyer's premium plus another bite for sales tax. No fun.

lf.jpg

+1

+1

Yep, living in Texas and bidding through Heritage means their buyer's premium plus another bite for sales tax. No fun.

I think friends might help to save you guys the taxes. I like mail order to avoid those taxes, and Amazon is about to build a distribution center here.

lf.jpg

+1

+1

I think friends might help to save you guys the taxes. I like mail order to avoid those taxes, and Amazon is about to build a distribution center here.

Yeah, i had to go that route recently on a pretty big purchase that was a Florida company. Normally it isnt that big of a deal but when what you're buying is approaching 5 figures, that 6% sales tax is a B I T C H!!! :o

Uncle Sammy might not have been to happy about it but with a little creativity from some out of states friends i was able to get it done :blush:

I believe most state sales taxes are based on the actual in state sales expected. If less purchases occur they will raise the tax rate, but if they went up I doubt the rates would come down. We have 9.25% sales tax here, but we have no income tax either. I won't buy from Amazon here if they don't get an exemption from the taxes.