• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,072 posts in this topic

Some REAL good deals on early FF's in the VF range.....a sharp 13 and 16 especially....not steals, but decent prices. I couldn't resist this white paged 18.....first Super Skrull. This one will stay in it's slab. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF18.jpg

.....just got this today. It was from the Edward Sarley(sp?) collection that Heritage has been offering. His ASM run had some real stunners. I don't usually bump stuff like this, but I wanted to mention how insanely glossy this book is in hand....in case some of you were considering picking up some of his books. If I remember correctly, he was killed in an auto accident in the early 70's in his mid 20's ( R.I.P. ) and his family is only now selling the books. I think these are original owner books. I'm kicking myself now for not going after a couple more....particularly the 16. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Here's the back cover and it really IS this white

FF18b-1.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Yeah....the ASM's were in a Signature Auction, but these FF's turned up in a Sunday auction maybe three weeks or so ago. Never underestimate a Heritage Sunday auction... :preach: GOD BLESS....

Man am I getting slack in my old age.....the FF 18 was from the Bob Durej collection, of which I know absolutely nothing about........anyone have any details ? GOD BLESS....

Well right now to 102, I am going to try for the following.

#1 5.0

#2-12 7.0-9.0

#13-102 8.5-9.4

After 102 I will have to stop, take a look at it and see what I want to do. I also plan to do a TOS run though the TOS I will be doing in raw form. (39-99 I will keep 39, 40, 52, and 57 slabbed.) I always seem to find a ton of nice priced and nice grade TOS at the shows when I go. So I figure I might as well pick them up. I have like 300 mylar bags sitting that are unused because I refuse to put moderns in them lol .

Edited by dscott

Nice one!

I got all speculate-ey yesterday at my LCS and looked for some Black Panther/Adam Warlock steals.

A few books were around, but no steals. I'm happy with my current copies, luckily.

Edited by KirbyJack

Posted earlier but now its in hand, looks nice on the shelf next to my FF 1

SKMBT_C25312091717200_0002.jpgSKMBT_C25312091717200_0003.jpg

Wow what a beauty - how is that a 7.0?? I must not be able to see something. I always give graded books a 1/2 pt lee-way, but man Id call it an 8.0 from the scan.

Anyway, congrats!

Nice one!

I got all speculate-ey yesterday at my LCS and looked for some Black Panther/Adam Warlock steals.

A few books were around, but no steals. I'm happy with my current copies, luckily.

What’s the Black Panther speculation about? Is he supposed to be in some movie… :sick:

Please: no, thanks.

Nice one!

What’s the Black Panther speculation about? Is he supposed to be in some movie… :sick:

Please: no, thanks.

Yep. There's a black panther movie in the works.