• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,696 posts in this topic

Yeah, that Curator #6 was tough to watch end...I was the underbidder, but I couldn't go crazy since the #7 was my priority this time around. Hope to see it again sometime...would love to have a pedigree copy of #6.

Dan

Finally got one

1961FF001-2174f-1.jpg

Vera niize! Exceptional copy for the technical grade...CONGRATS! :applause::headbang:

I agree! Looks great.

Congrats!

:):foryou:

Add me to the list. Great looking book for the grade! :applause:

And Congrats on getting one of the hyper-keys!!!

Hey all --

Picked up this one last night on Comiclink...incredibly tough book in HG. Now I just need an #8 to complement it...

Dan

FF7wp.jpg

Are those tiny spine creases on the book? I thought they weren’t allowed in NM. hm

Or maybe it‘s just what I remember, surely I prefer other defects over spine creases…

Hi Dan, I’m sure it’s a great book.

About what’s allowed in NM, I see "spine is flat and tight (no spine roll)". On the other hand, description of the grade states "Minor imperfections that are allowed in this grade include tiny corner creases or staple stress lines, a few color flecks, bindery tears, tiny impact creases or a combination of the above where the overall eye appeal is less than Mint. Only the most subtle binding and/or printing defects allowed.", so I guess that otherwise the spine creases must be a stunning book. :)

It‘s among my favorite issues, personally I’d be more than happy with a FN copy, and would break it immediately free… :D

So I understand this ish may be heating up

FF52.jpg

.....my 8.0 White just sold on Clink for 550.....and I didn't really want to sell it. I thought I had it priced out of reach. It was the prettiest 8.0 I've ever seen....perfect centering and total gloss. I've loved the Black Panther since I was a kid in the 60's and I always thought the book was WAY more significant than it's price reflected. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, that Curator #6 was tough to watch end...I was the underbidder, but I couldn't go crazy since the #7 was my priority this time around. Hope to see it again sometime...would love to have a pedigree copy of #6.

Dan

You've always been one for doing your homework.....and you know which ones you need to get when they turn up. Tough, tough book and such an awesome cover. Scans always have a way of accentuating spine stresses....I bet it looks much nicer in hand . GOD BLESS....

[…] I've loved the Black Panther since I was a kid in the 60's and I always thought the book was WAY more significant than it's price reflected. GOD BLESS....

I thoroughly agree. These have been among my favorite stories (especially #53) as I read them, and Klaw is a well conceived villain. This reminds me I still miss #52 and my #53 (which has been the very first silver age Marvel comic I happen to buy) is not in such a good shape… lol

I would add the King Size Annual #6: Annihilus and the birth of Franlkin, is definitely too underrated in favor of "silly" Hulk vs. Thing Battles… :)

I would add the King Size Annual #6: Annihilus and the birth of Franlkin, is definitely too underrated in favor of "silly" Hulk vs. Thing Battles… :)

I've said it here many times; Fantastic Four annual #6 is my single favorite comic ever.

I've said it here many times; Fantastic Four annual #6 is my single favorite comic ever.

+2

Great story + Great artwork = Great comic! :headbang:

Although generally speaking What If is somewhat underrated by collectors (and with good reason, considered also that Marvel turned his work into a big, unending "What If" in the last 15 years), I would also recommend the What If issue (old series) where the hypotesis the Invisible Woman died is taken into account. Art is by Ron Frenz and Joe Sinnott.

5204581_1.jpg