• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

Turns out I am a jinxing insufficiently_thoughtful_person. There was something (shouldn't turn anyone else off, its a lovely book) that didn't fit my personal list of defects I live with on the back doh! Oh man I feel like a schmuck :tonofbricks:

I did, however, work soemthing out for a different 4.5.

And that, is why smart people, unlike myself, wait until the book is 100% theirs not just 95% agreed upon.

:tonofbricks:

Well, having learned my lesson I will post a pic of the other 4.5 a little later once that is at least in teh mail

I thought it was a great copy apart from the chipping (which I personally don't like), but what was the defect on the back that put you off it? hm

Haha! lol

If Fine copies are reader copies I think it would be just fine for me to have the whole early run as "reader copies".

To me a "reader copy" barely keeps together, and Fine+ are often incredibly neat copies.

+1. The majority of my SA/GA stuff is low grade. My most prized comics, my Fantastic Fours, are better. Early issues are VG-ish, the rest is F/VF.

FF is the only title I have as a separate "reader run", and they are usually well below good. My reading run of FF gets read a LOT.

Haha! lol

If Fine copies are reader copies I think it would be just fine for me to have the whole early run as "reader copies".

To me a "reader copy" barely keeps together, and Fine+ are often incredibly neat copies.

+1. The majority of my SA/GA stuff is low grade. My most prized comics, my Fantastic Fours, are better. Early issues are VG-ish, the rest is F/VF.

FF is the only title I have as a separate "reader run", and they are usually well below good. My reading run of FF gets read a LOT.

.....to clarify, I don't have a full run of anything. I keep vintage copies of my very favorites and turn to my masterworks for the others. That way I can collect other eras and genres. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Some REAL good deals on early FF's in the VF range.....a sharp 13 and 16 especially....not steals, but decent prices. I couldn't resist this white paged 18.....first Super Skrull. This one will stay in it's slab. GOD BLESS....

FF18.jpg

Some REAL good deals on early FF's in the VF range.....a sharp 13 and 16 especially....not steals, but decent prices. I couldn't resist this white paged 18.....first Super Skrull. This one will stay in it's slab. GOD BLESS....

FF18.jpg

Nice copy Bro! :headbang:

FF18.jpg

Nice copy Bro! :headbang:

sharp colors (thumbs u

Congrats bluetooth - FF 1 is and has been my fav Marvel Key. Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

btw yall, JS comics has some great raw FFs@ ebay auction - I just scored FF 11 for way under guide. Tried to keep up, but too many auctions to close together. Someone got a 12 for a steal, although others seemed to be at or around guide. Grades avg 6-8 range.

....nothing quite like an FF 1.....congrats. Speaking of FF.....An FF 5 in 6.5 on Clink is at 2500+.....wow. It is a pretty old label copy. FF prices aren't bad in this auction......no bargain basement stuff. GOD BLESS....