• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,717 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

I haven't been much of a FF collector, but lately these books have really been growing on me. I decided to take the plunge with this puppy !

RAD2D947201818_201121.jpg

I thought about this one, too.  Sweet copy, ideal spine, and a great price as I recall.  At one time I entertained putting together the Galactus trilogy in 9.0 White.  I sold the 48 but still have a nice 49. 

FF 49.jpg

10 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

I thought about this one, too.  Sweet copy, ideal spine, and a great price as I recall.  At one time I entertained putting together the Galactus trilogy in 9.0 White.  I sold the 48 but still have a nice 49. 

FF 49.jpg

Putting together the 48-50 is my goal actually. I had a super sweet 48 CGC 9.0 white that I sold about 8 years ago...I haven't been able to find an equal copy in that grade as of late.....But if you ever want to sell that 49 :shy:

11 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

Putting together the 48-50 is my goal actually. I had a super sweet 48 CGC 9.0 white that I sold about 8 years ago...I haven't been able to find an equal copy in that grade as of late.....But if you ever want to sell that 49 :shy:

Uh, oh... this is exactly how I lost the 48...  

No, I was only willing to let go of my old 48 because it had a very slight mis-wrap (typical), and I wanted a near perfectly wrapped copy, more like the copy posted above.  (I'd prefer to see that black line just in front of the apex, but that's almost impossible in an FF 48).  But I'm always looking for one.  

For my 50, I settled for this copy:  

FF 50.jpg

41 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Uh, oh... this is exactly how I lost the 48...  

No, I was only willing to let go of my old 48 because it had a very slight mis-wrap (typical), and I wanted a near perfectly wrapped copy, more like the copy posted above.  (I'd prefer to see that black line just in front of the apex, but that's almost impossible in an FF 48).  But I'm always looking for one.  

For my 50, I settled for this copy:  

FF 50.jpg

That's a beauty ! -

Yeah, that's the thing. The 48 is common in high grade, but that miswrap is too. I bought a copy that had been Drummy's and in typical Drummy fashion, it was perfectly centered with white pages and really presented like a 9.4. I sold it to buy a Detective 66 7.5 white that is also long gone.

8 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

Yeah, that's the thing. The 48 is common in high grade, but that miswrap is too. I bought a copy that had been Drummy's and in typical Drummy fashion, it was perfectly centered with white pages and really presented like a 9.4. I sold it to buy a Detective 66 7.5 white that is also long gone.

I've spent way too much time today talking about, and thinking about, great books that I no longer own, and wish I still did.   doh!

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Sheesh with all these high grade gorgeous FFs that are being posted i’m not sure if I should even post this but this is a book that is near and dear to me. Backstory it was around 1992 (I was 9 yrs old) and aside from sports I loved comics and making things out of clay. If anyone recalls Marvel had a line of cards called Marvel Universe. Me and my buddies had collected the whole 1st set a few years earlier and they had just come out with the 3rd set which I enjoyed very much. There was a card for a character named the Puppet-Master and he had this mystic clay and when I saw it i knew I needed a comic with him in it. We went to this comic/card convention that same year in a mall a few country towns over from us and I had told my parents I really wanted a Fantastic Four #8 which I knew from the card was his first appearance. Anyways I spotted one on the wall of some dealer and was super excited. I remember my folks telling me it was too expensive and to find something else (I ended up with a low grade Tales of Suspense #45 which was the $20 limit i was given and was still excited as that book ROCKS!!!.) That year for my birthday I opened up a present and there it was. Fantastic Four #8!! My parents had spilt off and one of them went back to get it for me!! How awesome is that!!?!! I still count my blessings everyday that I had such cool parents who supported my passion...Not high grade but nice pages and presentation for our pal Mr Masters!!

Fantastic Four #8

Comics and clay... that's a charming story. And, frankly, it makes your post - and your book - more than worthy.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :golfclap:

46 minutes ago, Arkadin said:

Comics and clay... that's a charming story. And, frankly, it makes your post - and your book - more than worthy.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :golfclap:

Thank you very much I appreciate it!! Hey BP if you’re reading this i would love to see your #8 brother I bet it is stunning as the rest of your FFs!!

58 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thank you very much I appreciate it!! Hey BP if you’re reading this i would love to see your #8 brother I bet it is stunning as the rest of your FFs!!

twin cities copy grabbed from a great boardie when he...wait for it...upgraded!!

ff8-1.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man