• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2017 at 8:26 PM, Straw-Man said:

#30 was the first one i bought off a spinner, but i managed to find "old" copies back to 22.  the two i read most often, by far, were these.

ff25.jpg

FF 26 CGC 9.4_zpsvmyget2q.jpg

Those 2 are beyond great.  So epic when the Marvel U was so small.

I've always loved #11...the story...the weird Impossible Man...and that cover!  Just loved the changing blending tri-color background as backdrop to the wonderful King Kirby artwork.  Haven't been around here much lately...HAPPY HOLIDAYS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

FANTASTIC FOUR 11 CGC 9.0 OWW.jpg

14 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

I've always loved #11...the story...the weird Impossible Man...and that cover!  Just loved the changing blending tri-color background as backdrop to the wonderful King Kirby artwork.  Haven't been around here much lately...HAPPY HOLIDAYS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

FANTASTIC FOUR 11 CGC 9.0 OWW.jpg

Right back atcha, Tom! 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, BB-Gun said:

I remember buying all of the early Spiderman comics at the local drug store.  I didn't get Fantastic Four until issue 3 (issue 4 at the drug store).  I am not sure why I didn't see these earlier but it could be poor distribution of the earlier issues.  Fortunately I got to enjoy the entire run of FF after finding used issues at a cousins house and buying FF 2 from an ad in Comicollector.  The flood of Marvel comics made me drop my Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen collections but I continued collecting JLA, Flash and Detective.  I purchased FF because it reminded me of the Challengers.  I still have Showcase 11.27428073929_0e606b852f_b.jpg

23854028615_affc1dc119_b.jpg

I still have my original FF annuals but FF 13 and 14 are coverless copies that I picked up at the local paper mill back in 1963, I think.

9210852362_c4356fb8d1_b.jpg