• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

I've got a lot of books from the Arvel Omics Roup in my collection. I'm a big fan!:banana:

I’d hazard a guess that anyone that collects SA Marvel has quite a few 2-centers/Arvel Omics books in there collection.  I know I do.  

I try to avoid it now as I know I can hold out for the book I really want; and that’s actually one of the big draws for me.  A lot of collectors like the thrill of finding something “rare” and might have to pounce on anything that comes up.

I like that they’re “common”.  It means, if I miss out on a book, I don’t have to worry.  10 more opportunities are right around the corner.

21 hours ago, Drummy said:

Absolutely true.  The ten-cent covers, the transition from the monster era to the new superheroes, the super-bright colors...it's all gorgeous.  Once I finish my key collection I am going back after FF 2-25 or so in mid-high grade (6.5-9.0).  Love the #7 posted here!

Dan

My #7 thanks to Drummy! :cloud9:

FANTASTIC FOUR 7 CGC 9.0 OWW.jpg

On November 29, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Arkadin said:

Wow, I seem to be on a roll!

5a1e91c55f1e5_RAD37CD720171031_143341(2).thumb.jpg.acf1a19c5ef497f872579c63ff1ca614.jpg

On November 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM, trmoore54 said:

My #7 thanks to Drummy! :cloud9:

FANTASTIC FOUR 7 CGC 9.0 OWW.jpg

This is such a great issue. I've got a nice 6.0 with killer pages and gloss. Just reread it last night because these were posted. Epic and galactic can describe this issue.. Plus that awesome splash page they reused for the third eye posters is here. What a time for Marvel comics. I arrived a bit after this. Can anyone tell what it was like as these hit the stands in the early 60s? Were  lots of kids talking about them? Was is comparable to when Star Wars came out? Please take us back to that time if you were there. 

Thanks! ?

On 12/3/2017 at 11:20 PM, Darth Corgi said:

This is such a great issue. I've got a nice 6.0 with killer pages and gloss. Just reread it last night because these were posted. Epic and galactic can describe this issue.. Plus that awesome splash page they reused for the third eye posters is here. What a time for Marvel comics. I arrived a bit after this. Can anyone tell what it was like as these hit the stands in the early 60s? Were  lots of kids talking about them? Was is comparable to when Star Wars came out? Please take us back to that time if you were there. 

Thanks! ?

Yes take us down memory lane baby boomers!

Just now, Knightsofold said:

Yes take us down memory lane baby boomers!

My dad says he read some, but unfortunately most his detailed comic memories are from titles I'm not that into, like Turok etc.  I'm pretty sure he said that unless he was lucky, the early marvel books were often sold out at the drugstore where he got comics.  Usually between him and his friends they had a copy to read.  

All comics were sold by grandma at a garage sale when he was older ><,