• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,876 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Don't you have already a 7.5 copy?

yes, sir.   but i'm a label-chasing sob who would love to have the s.a. run in 9.0 or above, and am only 4 books short!  not counting annuals, which i'm about to send in and hope for the best...

So I’m going to need to part with one of these to fund a 48 soon here. Which one do you guys like better? The 7.0 has the printer defect on Sue’s cheek, which I can’t tell if that’s a big deal or not.

The 5.5 is pretty nice but has a fingerprint below the ‘r’. 

which one would you guys keep?

F91D0398-78FA-49BB-B7E8-3B38FB609B39.jpeg

0D89A9E3-3990-444E-A6EF-1EA2BE63B64C.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

So I’m going to need to part with one of these to fund a 48 soon here. Which one do you guys like better? The 7.0 has the printer defect on Sue’s cheek, which I can’t tell if that’s a big deal or not.

I looked at the 7.0 scan, and I couldn't even see the printer error. I used a magnifying glass and everything.

My advice would be to keep the 7.0 book.

11 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Thanks! Here is a better shot. I have seen it on a number of books. 

8A0A6257-9787-4705-802A-27DAF5F14011.png

Honestly with how many printing errors the are on all the copies of this books and others of this era I don’t think that’s to bad whenever I look at this book the first thing I see is the Galactus I’d be happy to own that copy you’ll probably not even notice it over time my copy has an error to and I’m not even bothered by it

38 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

I'd keep the 7.0...a printing defect like the spot on Sue's cheek would not bother me at all, while a fingerprint on a book would definitely bother me and keep me from buying it.