• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,818 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2022 at 4:03 PM, Prince Namor said:

Picked up a couple of random Kirby FF's from Bob Storms today at Heroes Con. Just thought I'd share. 

IMG_7864.jpg

I'll be doing the same thing when I visit Bob's booth in SD. I think I purchased my #58 from him as well.

So as some of you might remember I posted about maybe buying a FF 49 with Galactus' head cut out of the cover afew weeks ago. I did end up buying it and also purchased a facsimile cover which came in recently that looks pretty decent. 

However now that I've indulged in the fantasy of having a near perfect looking FF49, I'm thinking about either cutting or folding the facsimile and placing it behind the real cover so you only see the fake head though the cut-out part. 

Just curious to see what my fellow boardies preferences would be in regard to placing it behind the original or keeping the whole facsimile cover over the original.

20220507_140718.jpg

20220626_201843.jpg

On 6/26/2022 at 8:49 PM, KirbyJack said:

Try placing the repro cover behind the original cover. 

Yes I tried doing that without folding the repro cover but it dosnt line up well because the original copy has misaligned staples that keep it from sliding in all the way.

That's why I will have to fold or cut and basicly ruin the repro cover to make it look correct that way. 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:25 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Yes - and please don't attach it to the book.  Just let it sit behind there and show through the cut-out.

Would  never attach the repro cover just wrap it around like it is in the picture above. I'm inclined to put it inside the cover so as much of the original is showing as possible.  

For reasons which I stated above this would ruin the repro cover which I don't mind doing but was curious to hear some opinions before pulling the trigger. 

On 6/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Morganmi said:

Would  never attach the repro cover just wrap it around like it is in the picture above. I'm inclined to put it inside the cover so as much of the original is showing as possible.  

For reasons which I stated above this would ruin the repro cover which I don't mind doing but was curious to hear some opinions before pulling the trigger. 

Just slide the whole facsimile cover inside the original.  There's no reason to "ruin" the repro cover.  You may need to trim the edges so that it fits precisely, but that's no big deal since it's a repro cover anyway.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Just slide the whole facsimile cover inside the original.  There's no reason to "ruin" the repro cover.  You may need to trim the edges so that it fits precisely, but that's no big deal since it's a repro cover anyway.

I'd have to cut into the spine of the repro to make that work (which is an option too but still damages the repro).

It's actually a full cover reproduction including back cover and inside ads.:) 

20220627_161248.jpg

20220627_161227.jpg

On 6/27/2022 at 1:41 PM, Morganmi said:

I'd have to cut into the spine of the repro to make that work (which is an option too but still damages the repro).

It's actually a full cover reproduction including back cover and inside ads.:) 

20220627_161248.jpg

20220627_161227.jpg

Oh, I see - I didn't realize it was a front and back repro.