• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 10:48 AM, fantastic_four said:

If you mean the copy that half a dozen collectors around here have been razzing me about for years because they saw it moments after I bought it then that's the book pictured below.  My records tell me I got it for $750 on a Buy-It-Now in 2002.  That was over triple Overstreet NM at the time so it's understandable that the seller didn't list it for more if he was unfamiliar with the multiples CGC books were getting which was new, controversial, and not widely-known among collectors at the time.

The seller actually messaged me after the sale saying he had gotten a dozen higher offers after I bought it--and I got multiple higher offers as well via DM including one from Bob Storms--but the seller said he'd honor it anyway.  Definitely the best buy of my life given the value then and ESPECIALLY the value now.  I track the annual percentage yield (APY) on all my CGC books which is right around an 8.5% increase for every year I've owned them, and this one really helps boost all of the others up.  :grin:

I used to buy every high-grade copy of FF 52 I saw.  I forget how many I have but it's at least four or five raw copies that I assess between 8.5 and 9.x.

AL9nZEXxxnf7xvsF5J0ik6TQeylhqYdg-L4SdJn7

Probably actually a white-pager hm Nice book.  Even though it has more or less all worked out pretty much rue the day I sold my 9.0 for like $1100.  Going back I would've kept 6-8 of the key FFs doh!:frustrated::pullhair::cry:

On 8/20/2022 at 8:37 AM, trmoore54 said:

Probably actually a white-pager hm Nice book.  Even though it has more or less all worked out pretty much rue the day I sold my 9.0 for like $1100.  Going back I would've kept 6-8 of the key FFs doh!:frustrated::pullhair::cry:

We've all been there.   :flamed:

Can anybody help this guy out with his request (copied from Water Cooler):

Hello!

I am conducting research for my dissertation and needs scans of three FF letter columns (#18, #19, and #27). The transcribed letter cols can be found online, but I have not been able to find the actual pages. It would be amazing not to have to purchase these issues so if anyone could provide me with these scans I would be eternally grateful. 

Thank you all and have a great day!

Kenny

@cncapks